Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,683   Online: 863

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think we're getting off topic here from the question of evaluating an Azo-like emulsion to what seems to be personal territory. Ray, I think Ron has established that he doesn't feel at liberty to answer these questions, so I would ask that you not pursue them here.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well.... :rolleyes: I bought my Lodima sampler
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I think we're getting off topic here from the question of evaluating an Azo-like emulsion to what seems to be personal territory. Ray, I think Ron has established that he doesn't feel at liberty to answer these questions, so I would ask that you not pursue them here.
    What David said. Let's get back on topic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you David and Suzanne.

I wish to apologize to the readers for this digression and to Ray for my erronious inclusion of a private note about Sheldon. It seems it was posted here in a different context and I confused the two (see Ray's posts about Sheldon in another thread).

That was an outright error on my part.

When I consult or teach, the students or the client get everything. The course starts at noon on Sunday and runs till noon Friday. The hours are about 7 am until 9 pm daily. The cost of the course and my share are determined by the organization giving the workshop, and not by me. This is to anwer any lingering questions. The students also get periodic updates for the remainder of at least 1 if not 2 years depending on their interest and my ability to stay in touch with them. So, they get additional information that I may post here, but in advance of the post, or they get information that I do not post here. They also get offers of chemicals that are mentioned in class. These chemicals are sent free to the interested students.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Being a Lightning Rod

People comment on my posts quite frequently in e-mail or PMs. I get a lot of unsolicited commentary on what I post or what others post in response to my posts. It is a neverending story to me.

This unsolicited and anyonymous poster was sent to me not too long ago and illustrates in its own way why I am reluctant to make more information public. I hope it does not offend anyone. It is not my intent. It is merely to get a medium level established in the weird and bizarre life that I sometimes lead as I open my daily mail. Some are much more bizarre!

It is appropriate to be posted here as it pertains to this thread I think.

I hope you enjoy this poster and get as much of a laugh out of it as I did when I got it.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the azo affair 2.jpg  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The person behind that graphic might have been inspired by the movie "Murder on the Screen".

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    People comment on my posts quite frequently in e-mail or PMs. I get a lot of unsolicited commentary on what I post or what others post in response to my posts. It is a neverending story to me.

This unsolicited and anyonymous poster was sent to me not too long ago and illustrates in its own way why I am reluctant to make more information public. I hope it does not offend anyone. It is not my intent. It is merely to get a medium level established in the weird and bizarre life that I sometimes lead as I open my daily mail. Some are much more bizarre!

It is appropriate to be posted here as it pertains to this thread I think.

I hope you enjoy this poster and get as much of a laugh out of it as I did when I got it.

PE
    Whoever sent you that obviously thinks quite a lot of you, to go through that much trouble.

Question- Do you think we will ever see a hand coatable AZO emulsion that can be purchased mixed up? I think Lodima is interesting, but I wouldn't mind coating some rougher papers... understand if you can't speak on it, but reading the OP it was the immediate question that came to my mind.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 11-06-2009 at 01:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    WOW! Never thought I'd see my name on a movie bill, much less in company with an all-star cast. Thanks to whoever the "artiste`" may be.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Question- Do you think we will ever see a hand coatable AZO emulsion that can be purchased mixed up? I think Lodima is interesting, but I wouldn't mind coating some rougher papers... understand if you can't speak on it, but reading the OP it was the immediate question that came to my mind.
    Here ya go--

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...uid%20emulsion
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Whoever sent you that obviously thinks quite a lot of you, to go through that much trouble.
    Jason;

I wish it were true but based on the rest of my messages I would say that your statement only has a 50:50 chance of being right.

David;

Thanks for the reference URL above.

The availability of Formazo seems to have been a well kept secret. It is now available premixed and ready for coating. It needs a suitable surfactant with some methods of application or on some surfaces and it will need a hardener on all surfaces. It will need to be processed using a hardening fix. It is available in two contrast grades. The reference URL is the lower contrast grade.

PE

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin