Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,263   Online: 1028

Shooter
    Large Format

Tweeking emulsion formula

I have been working on the emulsion formula from Kodak publication AJ-12 .
    The instructions say that it shuld be about a speed of 6 but I have been getting about .1, the last batch was digested at a higer temerature for 50% longer and got little improvement. What would happen if I increased the Iodide or silver? So far the negatives are nice and clear and no fogging, using food gelatine, no sensitizer or stabelizer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin;

Please re-read my posts on sulfur sensitization (aka - finishing) in other threads here. The Kodak formula assumes that you are using an active gelatin, but these are no longer avaialble.

With controlled finishing, I can get a big speed increase in that formula, with no serious problem. Take a look at the real formula that I posted here. That too will explain some of the problem associated with the Kodak formula.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin