Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,759   Online: 1063

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Different twist on developer...

Today I tried something a little bit different. To make a stock solution for 1 litre of dryplate ferrotype developer, I used 145g Dektol, 50g Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous, and 30g Ammonium Thiocyanate. Mixing a 1:1 working solution may have been a bit strong. It produced a somewhat overdeveloped image at 90 sec.. Tomorrow I'll try a solution of1 part stock to 2 parts water and see how it goes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Way too much Sodium Sulfate in the brew- not sure if it helps out the Dektol w/ Ammonium Thiocyanate- Think I'll drop it altogether and try again. Seems to produce too much fog- even in areas totally unexposed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dead thread but what the heck ///

i am also doing hte rockand tintypes
    and the reversal developer has more than just ammonium thiocyanate spent fixer and dektol in it. it also has a buffer to
    make the dektol more alkali ... i know of someone in england who just adds ammonium thiocyanate, but his water must be
    alkaline ... when i run out of the rockland developer, i will be using a coffee based developer that is heavy on the washing soda ...
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have given up on dry tin emulsions!!! The old Rockland stuff was good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin