Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,215   Online: 1189

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images

Surfactant, hardner and dye

Dear All,

I am overwhelmed by my learning on this forum!

Regarding the coating process, what kind of surfactant should be added to the gelatin (not soap I presume). Also, the hardner, would it work if I spray chromic K sulphate (chrom alum I think it's called) on the emulsion after it was applied to the film? And finally, where can i buy panchromatic dyes? Many many thanks.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try good old photo flo 200, or something similar. Lots on sale, as long as there are no dyes or odors added.

The hardener should be added to the emulsion before coating for best results and it will take at least 24 hours to harden.

Panchromatic dyes are very hard to get and very expensive, about $100 - $200 / gram. Minimum order is usually 1 gram. Also, pan emulsions are very hard to coat unless you use IR safelights.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin