Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,126   Online: 853

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images

Developer and anti-fogging recipes

Hi all,

After several comprehensive experiments, I found out that I could get good results with my film if I used d19 at 1:9 of the normal concentration and if I stopped the development when I could see a good image. If I kept going, the whole image would turn black. For some reason, the 1st time I tried to do the emulsion, i did not have this problem. and now it's happening with or without the tiosulfate. So, I would really appreciate some suggestions; Would anyone I good developer formula (based on hydroquinone - that i have available...) that I could use that would avoid the quick fogging? Also, could I add something to the gelatine that would prevent fogging? Many thanks!

richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Benzotriazole can be added to the emulsion to restrain fog, but you have to determine the level appropriate for your emulsion. It probably will decrease speed and contrast.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several diffrerent types of anti-fogants used for photographic processes, although I`m not sure which ones are the best for domestic use.

www.james-robinson.ltd.uk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin