Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,051   Online: 779

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Jim

I sent you an email

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

For Bob Carnie

Bob;

Here are photos of several coating blades.

From left to right, 16", 12", 11" and 8". This is the width of usable coated area. The length is based on how well you can pull the blade at a constant rate. My max is about 22 - 24" for the 16" blade.

I've appended a photo of an 8" coating in progress showing the draw. This is a frame that I clipped from the DVD, so you will see raster lines. Sorry. The point of this photo is to show the draw and show the waste at the top. There is also selvege along both sides due to surface tension, and there is a defect at the end when you reach the limit of the coating plate.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mixed blades.jpg   Coating in progress.jpg  

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks Ron I appreciate you posting this.
    Where can I see the Dvd?
    regards
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Bob;

Here are photos of several coating blades.

From left to right, 16", 12", 11" and 8". This is the width of usable coated area. The length is based on how well you can pull the blade at a constant rate. My max is about 22 - 24" for the 16" blade.

I've appended a photo of an 8" coating in progress showing the draw. This is a frame that I clipped from the DVD, so you will see raster lines. Sorry. The point of this photo is to show the draw and show the waste at the top. There is also selvege along both sides due to surface tension, and there is a defect at the end when you reach the limit of the coating plate.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

It is not out yet. I plan to issue it with the book. I have many copies here, but none for sale yet.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    ok put me on the list when you are ready to sell the book and dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Bob;

It is not out yet. I plan to issue it with the book. I have many copies here, but none for sale yet.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have a 12x15 Vageeswari dry plate camera; what size blade would i need to coat glass that is 12 inches wide?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You would need one 12.25 - 12.5" long for 12" wide film. Surface tension causes a bead at each edge that must be removed, so you need overwidth. You would have to coat a length of at least 22" - 24". However, I only have paper blades at this time. Film blades are a different design.

The cost would run in the range of $1300. These are 308 or 316 stainless, and are highly polished and built to 0.001" tolerance. It takes months to get one from the machine shop. Perhaps someone in the Steel City can do it for you!

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin