Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,499   Online: 1100

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Anolox rollers are very expensive, you would use the anolox to transfer the emulsion to a rubber roller which would coat the material. I think you would have to forget about the doctor blade and go with a rubber nip roller. I am thinking about a machine similar to the ones used in newspapers to coat wax onto the back of paper film used in hot wax paste up. I have used a #60 anolox roller for flood coating paper and they lay down a very heavy coating. For UV coating labels (dog food, soup etc.) I would usually go with a #100, #120,or #200. You can even get a really good lay down with a #400, the higher the number the smaller the amount of liquid transfered. Using a doctor blade would definitely add metals to the process as metal doctor blades will be worn down by ceramic anolox rollers. I have seen teflon blades used but those are more of a system and are very expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OP's link doesn't seem to work anymore. Has it been moved or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank You

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Search: Ron Mowrey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Youtube has apparently rearranged their entire setup. The site will redirect you in some cases and in others will fail utterly. I have recently lost all of my youtube references.

Sorry.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Youtube has apparently rearranged their entire setup. The site will redirect you in some cases and in others will fail utterly. I have recently lost all of my youtube references.

Sorry.

PE
    That's a bummer. If I find it, maybe I can repost. I will try the search of the name

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin