Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,317   Online: 1197

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE,

Can you discuss what would happen to an emulsion if it was mixed at different speeds? In other words, what would happen if the mixer was run at, say, 200 rpm for 'x' duration for a particular emulsion run, and say, 2000 rpm for the same duration for different run, assuming all other factors are equal (for the sake of discussion)? What about adding some sort of vibratory action to the entire mixing vessel during the mixing operation? Would there be a difference in the grain size? Also, would the delivery rate and / or intensity of the ingredients into the gelatin differ accordingly?

I know this is getting ahead of the discussion at hand, but I was wondering what would happen....

Thanks,

Bob Mazzullo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

I honestly don't know the answer to that one. I can say that mixer speed at EK was varied as a function of volume and that is all I can discuss. We had a very complex mixer model that was used which was a function of volume and dv/dt or change in volume as a function of time.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format

show me the diagram

Hi PE,
    I recently saw a diagram that I think you drew, it details the automated mixing of an emulsion - but I can't find it again. Do you know where it is?

According to the 'boundaries' I laid out here, does that diagram I refer to above push the limits of what you are allowed to disclose?

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter;

Sorry, I don't see a post of yours on that referenced page. The diagram is in this forum in another thread. Just look for the paperclip icon to see threads with attachments and you can probably find it.

That diagram does approach the limits of what I feel comfortable with, but I'm working on a post with more information using only words which may help explain things better.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi PE,

I found it, thanks. I'm not sure why you can't see this link to a post of mine. Anyway not to worry. I'm now going to read through your other descriptive post.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format

vAg electrode sources?

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a commercial source (or sources) of the type of electrodes needed to properly measure vAg?

On the outside chance these electrodes can be made in the home workshop, is any information available on how to build them?

Thanks,

Bob Mazzullo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

There appear to be none, but I'm working on this with a friend. Stay tuned.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello PE,

I found this document on the Kodak web site. It is part of the "Processing KODAK Motion Picture Films" manual, module 3, titled 'Analytical Procedures'.

If the necessary plating solutions were changed appropriately, could the same plating procedure be used to create an electrode that we can use?

The document is here:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acro...g/h243/900.pdf

Other than that, the same manual has a section on the use of 'volumetric glassware and weighing equipment' and seems like good basic information.

The link for the whole "Analytic Procedures" module is here:

http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acro...h243/h2403.pdf

Thanks,

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

Ummmm, no, it will not work. "What is the other electrode?" is my first question. My first observation is that the scale for this electrode is way off from what is desired for emulsion making as seen in the second reference. That scale goes from about -500 mv up to about -200, whereas the scale we work with runs from about -250 to +250 mv. The only useful fact is the statement that the electrode should be silver and should be plated with the dominant ion you wish to measure.

No, I'm afraid it is different than what is described. Similar but different. As I said, I'm working on it with an associate.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn and blast. I guess if it was that easy, it would have been done already.

Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin