Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,039   Online: 992

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks.

I've had a rough week today. This interest has helped.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too would like to chime in on Jason's comment and offer my thanks for what you do to keep going with this and all other projects you do. You really are a super-hero for doing it, and this community is much richer because of your contribution.
    I have 100 sheets of Azo sitting around, waiting for me to get an 8x10 camera and some Amidol to process prints. I would hope that some day I can either coat paper myself, or the work you undertake would come to fruition.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ron, Another Thank You.
    Your entusiasm and hard work continues to inspire and impress.
    Have not participated in the discussion but have been following the thread with much interest.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm coming to this a little late but here is where I'm at regarding this topic. I am down to my last sheet or two of Azo grade 2, Canadian. I first got into lf photography a couple of months before Kodak made the announcement that they were discontinuing the manufacture of all B&W papers. My grade 3 ran out a while ago.

If M&P are successful I will buy that paper, next to that, as Jason said, I'm interested in being able to buy an emulsion I don't have to cook up. I'm sure I could learn the technique of coating my own paper.

As far as a VC Azo like paper stocking one emulsion would be preferable so I would use it. Dealing with the different light sources is workable for me.

While the initial cost would be high; learning to use it, I would think the price of up to $2.00 per 8 x 10 sheet is acceptable.

Ron, thank you for all your work and sharing in this matter.

chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys;

Thanks again for all of the positive comments. I will try to merit them by producing something usable for you all someday. I was a big fan of Kodak B&W papers and mourned their passing. I took this issue up with Mr. Perez personally when I had the opportunity, and I know that this was a hard decision for him and for Kodak.

But, what can you do when your market drops from about $20 B in 10 years or so to about $1 B. You have to recognize that. What I'm trying to do is build from the bottom up. Azo, Kodabromide and then a solid PX or SXX ortho type film. I have the first two down pat, and the third is there but varies too much and is too hard to make, so I'm a workin' on it!

My best wishes to all of you.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    It says it's silver chloride... anybody speak cz? We need somebody to get on the horn and tell them to put it on fb. Are all silver chloride emulsions created equal?
    J,

Click on the English flag, upper right.

I've asked them about it several times over the years, begining in the early 1990's when I lived in Prague and before I met Mirko or Michael + Paula. They weren't interested (see PE's comments for a possible explanation). Not too long ago I suggested the idea to Mirko. Not very commercially viable, apparently.

I say leave it to Michael + Paula —perhaps combined with a second, home-brew version from Ron Mowrey (yes, thanks, P.E.!). It those two projects ever come to fruition, that'd probably hold us for awhile, n'est ce pas?

Best,

Chris

. . . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 11-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin