Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,221   Online: 888

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I can guarantee that Kodak does not use anything remotely resembling this equipment for making or coating.

It works, but is considered to be antique equimpent which is fully functional.

The post by Ian shows some modern equivalents of this type of equipment, which is still not in any way like Kodak methodology.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Excellent photos and description Jim! Thanks for posting these. Fascinating stuff!

That is very interesting about de-bubbling using ultrasonics. I guess this technique might also be used on a small scale. I have heard of a vacuum (low pressure) being used to de-bubble viscous liquids but not ultrasonics.

Emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak uses a mixture of filtration, vacuum and ultrasonics.

Each lab had a small ultrasonic setup to debubble coating melts prior to use.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin