Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,067   Online: 892

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm getting tired............

Well, this says it all.

This post will probably get me in trouble.

I'm getting tired of seeing people claim to have made emulsions and coated them but seeing no examples whatsoever. One person claims to be making ISO 400 emulsions regularly and making coatings.

I see little evidence that anyone is doing anything but Denise Ross (Good work Denise - you deserve KUDOS for your work as do all of the others who have posted their work - you are all excluded from this, even those using off-the-shelf emulsions such as Liquid Light).

Anyhow, I am about half way into my textbook and am about to start on the script for the DVD to go with it. I figure about 150 pages of text and 2 - 8 hours of video showing emulsion making and coating. My biggest problem is getting an OK to publish some of this.

In any event, there are lots of outsiders claiming to do this type of work, but I have yet to see anything from anyone but Jim Browning. I don't want to copy their work. I want to know that there are others doing this work for real and are not just smoke and mirrors out there in LaLa Land. And, I want to give credit where credit is due.

Sorry for the rant, but reviewing what some people (well two or three persons mostly) have said has caused me to post this. If you search the internet you will find some rather nasty posts over the last two to three years about my efforts.

People here on APUG are discussing what you wish to leave behind as your legacy. This is my effort to leave something behind, my legacy if you will. It is not a set of pictures suitable for a gallery, but rather a set of emulsions for paper and film coatings and coating methods to help you make those pictures.

Peace.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, I for one have truly appreciated your efforts, even if I don't currently have the room to give it a try. Before you showed up here, I had not even thought it possible to do such things at home. It's certainly opened my mind, even if it hasn't yielded any fruits from this tree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some have apparently planted barren trees, or none at all, but claim to have an orchard.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only use that approach with the women . . .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I hear ya Ron. Once again, it sounds like the foibles of human nature showing through. Someone thinks they are going to do this thing and brags it up all over the 'net. Then they find out that it really is some hard work to be successful, or they just lack that smidgeon of scientific discipline to work methodically and carefully. After many failed attempts, they need to blame the failure on someone else so they don't lose face. Happens all the time.

I hope your work gets published. If it does, I for sure will buy it. Legacies may be small, but they are treasured by those who appreciate them.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't let the loud-mouthed-schnooks get you down!

Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Please let us know when your book/DVD is available. Good luck with your efforts!

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I didn't know you were working on a book. Put me down for a copy, although I doubt I will try to make my own film any time soon. Lab work is not one of my strengths. But if there is someone else of equal knowledge out there they have not been as visible or as open to helping others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My plan right now is to have a textbook of about 150 pages and a DVD of about 2 - 6 hours long with it showing how to do things. I'm in the midst of writers block having found I did things wrong somehow. So, I have to cut and past and in the mean time, I was APUGing. Some of the posts by others bothered me. As you see.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm very much looking forward to the book. Hang in there!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin