Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,149   Online: 1063

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The latest result that I posted in another thread here was a plate coated with a plate coating blade set at 7 mil undercut. A photo of this method is shown in the slide show also posted here in the sticky thread.

A teapot will suffice to coat plates as well, as Mark has demonstrated.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I understand his coating technique, but what's with the popcorn?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    ULarge Format

where?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The latest result that I posted in another thread here was a plate coated with a plate coating blade set at 7 mil undercut. A photo of this method is shown in the slide show also posted here in the sticky thread.

A teapot will suffice to coat plates as well, as Mark has demonstrated.

PE
    Please post a link to the slide show and photo. Thanks,

Michael Carter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here: http://www.apug.org/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=2

When the video portion of APUG was installed, this video was misplaced somehow.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Nice, thanks. I'd like to see more on coating glass plates of different sizes, too.
    What is a mag. stirrer? Where can I get some of that lab equip? Weight Watchers has a food scale in tenths of a gram or the other one that I'll use if accurate enough, otherwise I have an old Kodak scale with little weights.

Michael Carter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael;

I can coat any size plate or film or paper. There is a more complete demo on the DVD when it issues. My stirrer is temperature controlled and comes from Corning. I bought my scale from the Formulary. I also bought a surplus Sartorius scale good from 1 mg - 10 kg in a Kodak surplus sale here in Rochester.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would absolutely love to get my hands on this DVD when it does issue! Is it possible to pre-order?

Also, for the record- I really value the information you supply here, Photo Engineer, and your willingness to do so. ***MAJOR*** kudos to you!!!
    I would love to use the "FP" flash setting on my camera, but I cannot find "Flash Powder" anywhere... such is life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks very much. I am sorry but I am taking no preorders on the book or DVD. I will announce availability here on APUG when the time comes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool. Thank you for letting me know, I'll keep one eye focused on APUG (which I have been, lately, anyway
    I would love to use the "FP" flash setting on my camera, but I cannot find "Flash Powder" anywhere... such is life.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Any size? My old Indian Vageeswari dry plate outfit takes 12x15 glass. I don't even have a light table for that size yet. Some day.

Michael

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin