Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,255   Online: 998

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Coating machine for small experimental runs

Hi,

Can someone please point me towards some photos or diagrams of a small coating apparatus that might be suitable for emulsion coating long lengths (1000ft) of polyester or acetate substrate? The application is for B&W single coat film.

I am considering a trough coater, as they seem to be the best compromise between simplicity and results for an amateur.

I am aware of the numerous excellent patents that cover coating however am more interested in machines constructed by an amateur or for lab test work.

Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go to Jim Browning's web site for pictures of both a flat bed and trough coater. Both work very well and turn out excellent results. I have used both and can verify that the plans are workable.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks PE. Greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format

amatuers

Quote Originally Posted by Emulsion View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please point me towards some photos or diagrams of a small coating apparatus that might be suitable for emulsion coating long lengths (1000ft) of polyester or acetate substrate? The application is for B&W single coat film.

I am considering a trough coater, as they seem to be the best compromise between simplicity and results for an amateur.

I am aware of the numerous excellent patents that cover coating however am more interested in machines constructed by an amateur or for lab test work.

Thanks in advance.
    goto holography forum and other holo sites

many machines made by amatuers

vaya con dios

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Z-man,

Thanks for your reply. Could you recommend a link where I might find the details?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin