Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,516   Online: 846

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Kodak Monographs etc now avail for download

Kodak Monographs available for download.

These are very old and out of copyright. Available for free download as PDF.

Kodak Monograph 1 - The silver bromide grain of photographic emulsions (1921)
    http://www.archive.org/details/silve...egra00trivrich

Kodak Monograph 2 - The theory of development. (1922)
    http://www.archive.org/details/theor...lopm00nietrich

The photographic negative. Very old. Has many interesting chapters however.
    http://www.archive.org/details/photo...nega00burbiala

(I have no affliation with the above site. It is a well known archive of copyright free materials).

Emulsion.
    Last edited by Emulsion; 08-19-2007 at 05:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a wealth of information and knowledge! Not only those three documents, but the entire categories of Photographic chemistry and Photography! Thank you very much for shearing it!
    A fool with mission!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for posting these resources.

Very interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These were still being published when I joined the company in 1965, and I think that they were up to about volume 7 or 10. I have one of them here somewhere.

They also published several in-house textbooks. I have one called "Photographic Theory". There were also books on emulsion making and color product theory and design. The emulsion making book, as I remember it had over 50 pages alone on spectral sensitization and was written by Paul Gilman. He also taught that part of the course.

Every Kodak engineer had to take a very lengthy course in photographic theory and design which also included a brushup in chemistry and math along with color theory. I have quite a collection of textbooks for the courses.

I doubt if the in-house texts will ever be published.

The internal Kodak publications that I have are very lengthy and also copyright and so I cannot duplicate them here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool, thanks! (I blogged this here.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Other publications by Kodak

This is the cover from a 200 page 8.5 x 11 inch textbook published internally. IDK what the distribution of these was nor how many different volumes like this were published.

Other books published were as thick or thicker with much information packed into them. With regard to some of the work published internally in these books it was rather recursive to me as they referr me to my own work much of which was not published other than in these internal texts.

Many publications from ICIS, SPSE and other photo organizations exist that were only distributed to members or registrants of meetings and some articles were never published outside of these booklets. I have several of those as well.

I really don't know what to do with them except donate them to GEH at some point in time.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photographic theory.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. - Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another text

This is an SPSE publication of over 400 pages, standard textbook size. It contains 19 chapters written by the top experts in their fields from each company. So, this crosses company lines, but nevertheless it is a good tutorial for anyone that can get their hands on it. Of course it contains no confidential or proprietary information.

That is one limit that will be of importance historically.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails color theory.jpg  

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all!

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great find, all three. But the third book , 'The photographic negative' from 1888, is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for sharing these...

Steve

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin