Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,577   Online: 867

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    However, the experiments at RIT may not have been as exacting as those at Kodak.
    I wouldn't doubt that for a moment. On the other hand, many folks from or formerly from EK (ie Burt Carroll) and Polaroid are cited as assisting with or guiding some of this work, so how bad can it be? University master's thesis experiments are usually pretty low budget so they might be good for guidance of efforts that could be pulled off by individuals outside of the corporate environment.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was much that Burt could not reveal to his students due to the NDA with Kodak. He could guide and teach, but only within certain limits. The programs at Chiba in Japan were far deeper than those at RIT in the same time period. I knew both Burt and Dr. Kubo from Chiba, and the description that I had was that the MS program at RIT was about similar to the BS program at Chiba. In fact, Chiba had a PhD program in photographic science and engineering.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin