Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,528   Online: 876

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I want one too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is someone from Silverprint active here? Perhaps given the interest and the high prices that used copies are selling for (presumably indicative of high demand) maybe another print run could be made??? Or an electronic version made available???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    Is someone from Silverprint active here? Perhaps given the interest and the high prices that used copies are selling for (presumably indicative of high demand) maybe another print run could be made??? Or an electronic version made available???
    As co-author of the tome I'm pleased to announce that Aurum are doing another print run which I'm told should be out in the New Year, so don't pay through the nose for it.

Amazon don't seem to have any system for capping off a book once out of print - maybe the demand is supposed to feed down into their listed secondhand dealers at that point. I actually ordered a dozen copies of SG myself but cancelled the order after 3 months when it obviously wasn't going to happen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    Amazon don't seem to have any system for capping off a book once out of print - maybe the demand is supposed to feed down into their listed secondhand dealers at that point.
    Martin, I know what you mean. I still can't figure out if "Hollywood Portraits" —the book I co-authored with Roger Hicks is available or not. I mean, at one point I called the publisher in England (for Mirko because FotoImpex wanted to
    sell it). They told me that it was out of print and was no longer available. I repeated the same information to Mirko. He then bought one off of Amazon!

This happened maybe a couple of year's ago. However, my neighbor just bought a new copy (I think from Abe Books, or something) last June. Go figure!

Hope you're doing well. Contact me if you come through Paris ... especially if you finally untangle this puzzle!

Best,

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw one new copy yesterday in a bookshop here in Stockholm. Give them a call at +46 8 611 51 32 or e-mail: utland@hedengrens.se They are called "Hedengrens".

/matti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin