Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,841   Online: 1093

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Looking for book "SILVER GELATIN" Aurum Press

Apparently this book, usually available through Silverprint in England is between editions. Can't find it anywhere. Does someone have a copy they'd like to sell??
    Joelle Shefts
    Jshefts@aol.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelle Shefts View Post
    Apparently this book, usually available through Silverprint in England is between editions. Can't find it anywhere. Does someone have a copy they'd like to sell??
    Joelle Shefts
    Jshefts@aol.com
    Amazon has copies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msage View Post
    Amazon has copies.
    But did you notice the price, two copies were available at approx £70 and £120, that's $140 and $240, so very expensive. Both Books are from US book-stores.

Ian

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Amazon lists a book by that title, from Argentum Press, for $35. Is this a different book?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190...858547-3711802

Aurum lists argentum on their website:

http://www.aurumpress.co.uk/argentum.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazon.co.uk searches for books both in the UK and second-hand book stockists abroad. It doesn't seem to find stock held by Amazon.com in the US.

It does depend where you order from, Amazon.com won't ship to a UK address, they refer you to Amazon.co.uk, so I've used Abebooks instead.

So yes same book from the same company but very different prices etc depending where you live.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

It does depend where you order from, Amazon.com won't ship to a UK address, they refer you to Amazon.co.uk, so I've used Abebooks instead.

Ian
    Are you sure about that? I ordered a few items from Amazon.com back in Summer 2006.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Are you sure about that? I ordered a few items from Amazon.com back in Summer 2006.

Tom.
    Maybe there's a very simple explanation, as to why I can't buy via the dot.com. I've just tried ordering again from the site but it won't let me set-up an account. So visiting the UK site I happened to be offered a free Eagles MP3, that won't download stating its only free to download in the UK.

So Amazon checks your IP address and that'll show I'm in Turkey at the moment. AbleBooks let me set up an account from here with shipping to my address in the UK, so I'll try Amazon.com when I'm next home.

However I cannot see how Amazon can justify such huge differences in prices and availability between the UK & US, particularly for second hand books.

Thanks Tom I think you've help me solve my problem.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-08-2007 at 05:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Amazon lists Wall and Jordan "Photographic Facts and Formulas" 1940 Hardcover for $100; Good or Very Good copies sell elsewhere for $12.

Try Alibris; they're international.

www.alibris.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I suspect that differing Amazon policies by country have a great deal to do with their credit card clearing services. Especially since with used books, they are a middle-man.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered this recently from Amazon.com for $35 I think (I have bought several books from them - and I am in the UK).

I received an email from them a few days ago that it is out of print and unavailable. But there are used copies available for a king's ransom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin