Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,526   Online: 1010

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    I am not one of those Mr. Know-It-Alls you frequently have run-ins with here.
    Another Rocky and Bullwinkle reference to go with Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman from last week. Can you tell I'm a big fan of that show?

"Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat..."

"Again??"

"Nothing up my sleeve - Presto!"

"ROAARRRRR"

"Must bu the wrong hat..."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Or, you could take my workshop or go to one of Denise Ross' get togethers.
    HEY - that's one of Denise and Kirk's get togethers...

Anyway, Ray, you should write the Formulary and tell them you hope they'll offer Ron's calss next year. I'll be there too if it's offered, and if they need my assistance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Denise and Kirk's get togethers! Sorry Kirk.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format

I feel the patron eyes upon my face...

Ron, although the temptation to return favor for your astute observation is strong, I will afford you greater respect than I was shown.

It is my belief that when one ceases to address the subject matter and chooses to comment on gaps in their conversation partner's knowledge... WITH NO INTENTION OF FILLING THOSE GAPS, I think that qualifies as (as you put it) a "low blow".

If you feel differently, alright, variety is what makes life unpredictable and keeps things interesting!

In any case, unlike others, I will not let this sort of petty squabble get out of hand and deterioate what could otherwise be a good relationship. In time I am sure we will all see things in a different light anyhow.

The primate in me would rather go away for a while than engage in non-productive tit for tat.

X-?

Initiating Stealth Mode Sequence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, interesting. I filled no gaps?

How about the list of sensitzing dyes and information on grain size as a function of S+X sensitization? Did I fill any gaps with that or with the chart of pAg vs crystal habit. I supplied the product numbers and source for two very good sensitizing dyes for Bill to try. I gave him instructions here and pointed him to additional info in the class notes.

I'm not sure exactly what you want from me. I did fill the gaps and explain the differences between the two varieties of Kodabromide that I knew about in answer to your specific question.

Before you go into stealth mode, please elucidate clearly what I have failed to provide you and I will give either a precise answer or the reasons why I am not able or willing to give it.

As for respect, you have every respect I can give in the face of the information you have provided here on the forum. Unfortunately, I know far more about Kirk and Denise and many others than I do you, in spite of having met you personally. So, I can only respond to what I know. My comments were not derogatory in any way as far as I can see. I merely pointed out some venues for further education to help you, but Bill is doing just fine and is at about the same level of chemistry as you are, I think. He is ready to crank out a pan emulsion. IDK where you are in this type of endeavor, as noted above.

I'm sorry if this dissapoints you or that you appear to have been hurt.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem.

I would really prefer not to bicker in public.

Everything is fine. I am not saying you failed to provide anything at all.
    You have ocassionally posted some very interesting information. Thank you.

I think what I want most is to have a good relationship, and smooth sailing...
    to feel good about myself, and those I talk to....

Measuring the number and size of a each others knowledge holes makes for rough water ahead.
    Thats all.

Having been on the receiving end several times yourself, I think you know what it feels like.

X-

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin