Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,886   Online: 1069

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_joe6 View Post
    I think PhotoEngineer needs one of these. Let's all pitch in $1 and get him one for christmas, so that he build his own film manufacturing empire and supply us all.
    I wouldn't be suprised if this WAS PE's.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not mine. I may have access to one similar to it later this summer.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

1920 - 1930s music

If you want to listen music as heard as vacuum tube video , i advise you to go to radio dismuke , register and listen the music when chrysler building first opened to the public . They were listening same music as radio dismuke played.
    I hope one New Yorker from apug visit the building and feed my hunger eye with the art deco architecture photography.
    Is there a NY person who can digital feed me ?
    And is there anyone who knows the source of marble , granite or whatever stone dark red orange color flamed at the lobby. I want to build my MURA ultra ultra low res - 60 pixels not million only 60 - art deco camera with this stone

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    this guy needs to be followed by a film crew to document this, it is fascinating and PhotoEngineer needs to be flown out to Oz to contribute and develop a new "APUG" film ...

This is the most interesting post I have read in ages, I hadn't a clue how film was made until reading this .... I am certainly thinking of visiting Ilford Harman factory if possible when next tour comes along....

Thanks to All for their contributions
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a superb tread!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's cool, and don't forget that this is just the coating machine. You also need to make the emulsion you are going to coat. It needs also much work and much hi-tech machinery can be used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please note that this work seems to have stopped. There is no further information on this anywhere.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Please note that this work seems to have stopped. There is no further information on this anywhere.

PE
    A few posts up you mentioned you may have access to something similar by summers end. Any updates on that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No. It will take a while for this to happen I guess.

Also, there is the matter of getting film support. We don't seem to be able to get any so getting the machine is a moot point if this turns out to be true.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 11-03-2009 at 06:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: syntax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe we have to start subbing the base by ourselves. Plastic like PET will always be available for many purposes.

I noticed (by accident) that ammonia dissolves PET. Maybe it could be used in the subbing layer for PET .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin