Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,554   Online: 857

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW, now we have Photo Researcher and Photo Engineer at APUG! Maybe I should change my nickname to Photo Developer!

Welcome!!! If you happen to have any spare time, post some examples of your work! We have seen pictures of the coating machine, but I bet there is much interest in emulsion making too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't wait to see more of this....and PE's DVD / book combo.

Christmas is coming.

Bob M.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Dear Photo Researcher,

Welcome to APUG! We are all very impressed by your coating machine and results. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we would like to learn as much as possible about your experiments.

Personally I'm very keen to learn about your emulsion making techniques. I'd love to hear your recommendations and would be VERY keen to see some photos of your emulsion making gear.

Keep up the excellent work. It is really inspiring what you have achieved with a non-commercial setup.

Thanks From,
    Emulsion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is sweet.....very interesting. Definitely complicated, but neat nonetheless.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome photo researcher! I remember being a lot younger when I first saw those photos and thinking, "Death of film? Not for him, He's nuts!" It probably contributed quite a bit to my collecting and storing of analog equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note the previous comments. This is about 3 years old and nothing new has been posted.

I wonder what is going on........

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On 10-15-10 photo researcher had this to say;

Yes indeed Chris,I am researching the making of a color reversal film of the Kodachrome process type. This has actually been a project since I built the coating machine some years ago and has occupied most all of my time since!
    Although I have worked in photo technology for fifty years,actually putting together a full color multi layer material is daunting.
    Results so far are quite exciting but when it comes to combining all the elements
    I know it will be tough.
    Because of my past employment I have acquired a large number of the chemicals needed so I am lucky in this respect.
    Soon I will start to communicate some of my work but I hope those interested will be patient, as sitting in front of a computer is not one of my favorite pastimes.

Cheers.

XXXXXXX
    Photo Researcher

I'll reach out to him again and see if there is any new progress. I've offered to act as his "communications liason", but never heard anything back. It seems that his last statement is not an understatement!
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 03-09-2011 at 11:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Name removed by request
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic", delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on April 23, 1910:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

-- President Theodore Roosevelt

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hear hear!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chris, I am very sorry to say that
    I feel I must publicly admonish you for posting that communication.

He obviously wants privacy.

He wrote to you, most likely with the idea you would respect an implied understanding of "just between you and me".

I do not think you should have posted that and
    I think it should be removed.

(Did he gave you permission to post that material? ...
    If so, I apologize big time!)
    Be free of all deception, Be safe from bodily harm
    Love without exception, Be a saint in any form
    (Patti Smith)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin