Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,887   Online: 831

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interested too. Azo speed is fine but a stop faster don't hurt as long as the paper has the quality that you envisioned.
    What it comes down to is cost within reason. Look forward as always to see where this goes.

jan

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This seems very interesting indeed...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can't wait to see some prints or perhaps read a review by someone like Alex who has used Azo and your other papers.

Keep up the good work PE.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, here is the problem. If you use the green sensitized emulsion with regular negatives, you will probably see no difference at all. My question is regarding staining developers and their effect on green sensitive contact papers, of which there are none AFAIK.

So, if you don't use staining developers, this paper would probably be of no use whatsoever. Just an ordinary emulsion. After all, most enlarging papers today are green sensitive.

So that is the question here. How do blue sensitive emulsions vs ortho sensitive emulsions compare when printed with negatives developed in staining developers?

PE

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That is indeed the question. But since most (all?) the green-sensitive papers available today are vari-contrast, the only thing we can be certain of is that printing stained negatives on VC paper leads to much reduced contrast compared to printing the same negative on a (fixed grade) blue-sensitive paper, all other factors being kept as equal as practicable.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    My question is regarding staining developers and their effect on green sensitive contact papers, of which there are none AFAIK. . . . How do blue sensitive emulsions vs ortho sensitive emulsions compare when printed with negatives developed in staining developers?
    PE
    Hi Ron,

Judging from your question, I take it that you don't have any stained negatives. That being the case, why not just send some of this paper to one of us to test for you? I'm sure you'll have a sea of happy takers ... and obtain some valuable practical testing information in exchange!

Happy 2008,

Christopher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ron, I am a (5x7 and 8x10) contact printer who still has a small stash of AZO. I would love to try your new emulsion/paper.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ron,

I use Pyrocat HD with my TMY negatives and develop them for contact printing on Canadian Grade 2 Azo. I also have Azo in old grade 2, grade 3 and some ancient grade 4. I also have some Haloid I could test against your paper. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    PE
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    PE

Keep us posted, very interested!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin