Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,184   Online: 1022

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitfilm View Post
    This is here in apug just running with "3-dimensional look" in paper. I am impressed about the lyric textes and the descriptions about the feelings. I prefer, what I can measure.
    Me too - that's why I started that thread.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, engineers and figures...
    I must admit though that sometimes I use figures too. But actually they all are of limited use. They can yield a means to compare films, papers etc. But the final standard would be man; who is known not be standard.
    Thus next to granularity there will still be a term like graininess…

Concerning paper there are more features to name: weight, curl, haptic, smell…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haptic?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Haptic?

PE
    Haptic, from the Greek (Haphe), means pertaining to the sense of touch.

Malaprop ???
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats Greek to me. I might have used tactile or some such. IDK.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.

In German we (or rather designers) use `Haptik´, a noun, for the manner something feels like.
    Of course it is one of these modern words, but otherwise I would have to use phrases as `the property to provoke tactile sensations´.

After posting I was not quite sure whether it is used in English too, but I was too lazy to check and to correct in case neccessary...

By the way, I got the impression that `tactile´ was used here in many threads in a weird way.

Anyway, to me `tactile´ is more related to the sensations someone gets than with the property an object hast got to arouse such sensations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digital?

PE

Once I have seen the diagrams. This gamma distribution seems to be a quantum effect via sensitizer or dyes, depending on this, it can be minimized, when pictorial necessary, or enhance. Any minimal discontinuity (like low contrast resolution parts - the grain from a photographic wedge scale) interrupt this quantum effect.

When you look at the uneven development of negatives, special looking at the borders near the perforation:

1. Not enough movement is only a part of the truth
    2. an equal great part (maximal the whole 24x36mm negative) has boarders with higher densities thanks the quantum-effect, when it is not chemically cancelled.

A friend told me today: When you enhance the quality of a paper (and you use not modern high resolution films with minimized grain), the (low contrast) grain becomes more visible. Enlargements from normal mix-emulsion grained 6x6 negatives to 8x10inch paper will -on thuch paper- suddenly looks more grainy. This happens in around ? 1984-88 ? with Kodak Polycontrast 3 from this production date. Later produced paper with that name had showned normal qualities.

Well, I've been away for a bit, came back to see what's up with APUG, read this post (all six pages) kind of expecting to see something about obtaining a silver chloride paper, at least something about silver chloride coating recipe, but didn't see anything of the sort. Am I missing something with this post? Sorry if I am, just wondering if I've gone brain soft during my absence.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin