Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,570   Online: 970

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I meant inhomogenieties as well and mistyped.

However, even though there are RI changes they are rather small but important. And they are not due to intermixing and rough surfaces.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I think you have misunderstood the Kahn photomicrograph. This is a 10 layer structure. What you interpret as silver being unevenly distributed is two layers as follows /overcoat/fast yellow/slow yellow/CLS layer/fast magenta/slow magenta/interlayer/fast cyan/slow cyan/AH/support.
    Oops, now I can see it - silly me.

The fast layers are coarse grained and the slow layers are finer grained. That is what you see as inhomogeneity and that is what can be seen by the light as changing the nature of the layers.

And so the difference between coarse and fine grained layers, wouldn't it explain for the refractive index difference?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To some extent, but the other differences I mentioned count as well. It all adds up. A little here and a little there and pretty soon you are talking about a real big effect!

PE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin