Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,039   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was in error.

You must Balance the silver of the slow and fast components such that a bump free curve is obtained that has a long latitude. It may require increases or decreases in either component.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Hmm, why mixing two or three emulsions and coating in one layer won't work as well? There must be some reason to do multilayer coatings.
    You can do it either way.

If done in one layer, then the exchange of ingredients must not take place. If it does take place then more than one layer should be used to minimize exchange.

Imagine a fast 10% iodide emulsion mixed with a slow 1% iodide emulsion. They will exchange iodide resulting in a "mess".

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have got to read the rest of these! Thanks PE!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    PE, now that I re-read this post this morning, can you explain MTF? Doesn't it have something to do with the LP/mm charts you mentioned?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MTF is Modulation Transfer Function. It is indeed related to line charts.

It is a very intense subject that really has no place on APUG due to its extreme technical nature. I suggest you read some Wikipedia articles on it or just do a general search in google. That turns up some reading for you.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, PE. I thought it might. MTF was a term that was thrown around a lot by the people from the research labs when I was at EK. Unfortunately, due to very active patent wrangling with another photographic company, all of that stuff was kept on a strictly need to know basis - (I didn't do any work directly with imaging so I didn't need to know) - and there wasn't any wikipedia or Internet back then. I will check out those references and find a better forum if I have more questions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The math is kind of hard to handle here as are any photos to illustrate MTF, but google turns up a lot of good stuff about it.

After you read it over, I can probably wade through the questions here if they don't tax everyone beyond endurance.

Happy hunting.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think Norman Koren has some info on MTF that you might find useful.

It is here http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF.html

Sorry if I interfered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin