Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,286   Online: 731

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Ron`s Matrix Idea

Hello Ron,
    I remember reading a post by you, iether here or on the Dyetransfer Yahoo group, concerning making a pan matrix film by blending three emulsions,all based on Jim Brownings matrix formula. The post mentioned 2 specific dyes.
    Now I cannot find the post !
    Can you dirrect me to it.
    For the time being, I am not trying to make a matrix film.
    What I want to do is to make panchro glass plates suitable for in-camera photographs. To this end I want to beginw ith your idea. Other approaches I have considered are dyes from Holography technology and dye systems from the old Lippman process and varriations thereof.
    Since attending your workshop last summer, I have been occupied with my Pt and gum images on glass. I have now decided on putting that aside for a while to work on Liberating myself from commercial Film. Emulsion speed is not crucial. Most of my work dose not involve moving subjects.
    Regards,
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Off Topic -

Bill - my deepest sympathies in regards to Benazir. At least we still have Paris...

Kirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is in this forum and has some content about panchromatic matrix film in it.

I have about 500 mg left of both dyes needed, but I don't have the information here. Send me an e-mail Bill and I'll give you the info, but the source is Sands Corp. of Titusville Fla.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ron,
    I just found the post, from 07/28/07.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kirk,
    My menories of Benazir will live on. Thanks to my best Pt on glass image to date. As far as Paris,only in my dreams.
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin