Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,963   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Making multilayers

Well, besides all of the other things I've been doing, I have worked out (finally) a method of coating more than one layer at one time. I am reviewing my old notes for multilayers and am going to give it a try as soon as I feel comfortable with the technique again. It uses a new coating blade setup (why do you think I designed them the way they are?) that allows for multiple layer coatings.

This wll become essential if I ever get to the point of making color coatings, but it will also help me in making regular coatings for B&W with overcoats, and for making VC papers if I ever get to that point.

This might actually be fun.

Sometimes it is too much like work, but without the technicians to help. Oh, wait, someone claimed thats what I was at Kodak . Well, I guess I am one now for myself. I sit down and plan experiments and then I tell myself to go do it. Sometimes I say "NO". I'm tempted to fire me.

I thought some of you might be interested.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for letting us know PE.

Sounds like an important development - good luck with it!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I sit down and plan experiments and then I tell myself to go do it. Sometimes I say "NO". I'm tempted to fire me.
    ROTFL!

Your energy level and drive to continually challenge yourself is enviable.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Sometimes I say "NO". I'm tempted to fire me.
    Perhaps you could make a clone of yourself.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin