Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,167   Online: 1101

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shopping these doesn't seem very easy. Tetra Aza Indene has vanished from the Formulary's list. I'll try to ask them if it's still available, but in the meantime, can any of you say if this is the same substance;
    http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...AND_KEY&F=SPEC
    7-Hydroxy-5-methyl[1,2,4]triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine

It seems to have the same CAS number, but the naming of organic chemistry is not too easy . At least when I have only high school chemistry as my theoretical background.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Formulary has TAI both as crystals and as a solution as described by Jim Browning on his web site.

The chemical you have above is the correct stabilzer. It is drawn upside down from the convention I have.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format

TAI at the Forumulary

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The Formulary has TAI both as crystals and as a solution as described by Jim Browning on his web site.

PE
    In Fact, the TAI that the Forumulary has is the same stock that I used, I sold it to Bud along with all the coating / drying / emulsion making equipment. I got 3 Kg of the stuff from Allied, it wasn't too expensive in 1Kg bottles. Not sure if you can get it from them anymore - the contact is listed in my manual.

Regards - Jim Browning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interestingly, when I contacted Formulary, they said they don't have TAI and never had it. I mentioned the names of Ron and Jim but they didn't answer to that.

But, I managed to get an account from Sigma-Aldrich, so I ordered TAI, PMT and MBI. Had to sign a customer declaration for PMT

I also bought some cryptocyanine for panchromatic experiments...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alhonen_form.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm surprised, because the TAI solution was in their catalog. I saw the bottle of the solid chemical there on my last visit.

In fact, I made up the original solution for them to show them how it was made and I wrote the procedure up.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I checked with the Formulary and they have responded that they do have it as both the working solution and as the pure compound. It was a simple error that slipped through.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin