Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,565   Online: 794

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Images

Back on the film coating machine... what about the film base?

Dear all,

I am flabbergasted with the coating machine pics posted previously. So, I was wondering if anyone know where one can get clear base (precoated or pretreated to accommodate the gelatine). I have used polyester leader after treating it with NaOH and the results were not as good as using old film. The problem with old film is that I was never able to remove the old emulsion completely with Na hipochloride without scrubbing. My dream product would be a pre-coated film leader (with pure gelatine). Does anyone know if such a thing exist? Many thanks!!!

richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Did you check with www.filmotec.de?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narigas2006 View Post
    Dear all,

I My dream product would be a pre-coated film leader (with pure gelatine). Does anyone know if such a thing exist? Many thanks!!!
    richard

You can get Melinex 582 subbed .007" stock from Photographer's Formulary. It is from a 1 mile roll x 50" wide that I sold them that I previously used for coating Dye Transfer Matrix film. It is single sided subbed, with an antistatic coating on the back side. Works great for gelatin coatings. Unfortunately, it is no longer available in stock from Dupont, you have to order a factory run which is prohibitively expensive. You may also be able to buy polyester stock from Agfa, as they are selling off their old inventory.

Regards - Jim Browning

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin