Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 819

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Thanks, Ray. I'll take that as a compliment.
    Good, it was meant to be!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just don't see what "good" there is in trying to figure out a product that has no chance of being made again, due to start-up costs, and lack of manufacturers with suitable equipment and very small market. If one were really interested in this product (Polaroid P/N type 55), the logical successor would be Fuji, as they already have the technology, and currently make b/w and color peel-apart instant films. The concept of a usable negative (after clearing) as opposed to a throw-away negative should not be too hard to engineer, but why attempt to go back to the beginning?

I'm guessing that the original Polaroid formulas would be available to purchase for the right price, as Petters group (owners of Polaroid name) are in business to make money, and as it stands, they are completely "out" of the instant film business, and yet still own the formulas.

It's nice that Mustafa has the free time and money to indulge his interests with zero chance of any payback.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    PE , I recieved below e mail.
    What do you say ?

I would like to thank you for consulting us. Intertek in Chalon is former Kodak Research Laboratory and the analysis of photographic emulsion is usual for us. Based upon your email, we have the pleasure to send you our best proposal for the work requested.

- Micrographs by Scaning Electron Microscopy + EDS : 460,00€ VAT excluded per sample

- X ray diffracion : 280,00€ VAT excluded per sample

These two analysis request around 3g (0,5g for SEM and 2,5g for DRX) of emulsion so we need a lot of films

For Vapor phase Chromagraphy analysis, we need more information. Could you tell us what you are looking for ?

If you need more information, don't hesitate to contact us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    460,00€
    280,00€

That's 460 € & 280 € ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mustafa;

The prices sound reasonable.

Chalon is the site of the former Kodak plant, so these must be former Kodak people doing this.

Now, having said that, lets assume you get these analyses. How are you going to use them? What are you going to do with them? They still are only sign posts on a long trip which is just starting and it includes learning how to make the emulsion.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 09-02-2008 at 09:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added last paragraph for clarity.

Shooter
    Instant Films

Research into this field

I am trying to develop an autoalign nanopolymer sensitized in a way that could have a charge proportional to the received light, the applications are of course very innovative.
    Someone is interested to help me? (please no money searchers, only passionate researchers
    Regards

Dr. Romano Bulgarelli

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Romano ,

There is no money searchers at this forum as far as I know. But publishing your research at public forums will end with a stealing and patenting your invention with others.
    I advise you to make a patent application from us patent office web site online and than start to search.
    Making a patent application via www.uspto.gov became difficult because your pdf attachments would be needed to attached with the font database you used at your pdf application.
    You must figure out how to attach your font to pdf document. I could not succeed it.
    Dont leave your application to patent office because you did not pay the 80 dollars. Prepare your credit card and than make the application. Do it quick because americans love to send a bug to your computer and steal your information. If you want to be sure , tomorrow morning , go to government office and register your papers to notary. Dont sleep tonight and make your application.

Umut

Shooter
    Instant Films
    [QUOTE=Mustafa Umut Sarac;
    I advise you to make a patent application from us patent office web site online and than start to search.
    Umut[/QUOTE]

Dear Umut, do you mean that I should arrange a Provisional Application for Patent?
    Thanks a lot for your advice... I believed to finish before my research before to patent it

Romano

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Romano ,

You should buy a notebook and list whatever you have in your mind. Than turn it to a patent application otherwise you will be sad because someone did it earlier.
    Dont forget to add few working , close to working examples. Do it as soon as possible.
    After your application , we start to discuss. I am sure you might know some knowledge to accomplish this trick with nanotechnology
    Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Romano,

Could you explain your idea a bit more? (I promise not to steal it!) It sounds like something related to holography, no?

Perhaps starting a new thread would be good... I guess I don't understand how it relates to Polaroid. But then again, I dont' know what it is!

Cheers
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin