Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,816   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently used some old Aghfa paper from the late 60s early 70s - was fantastic! No fog at all. Round 15 Postcard recipients had their pictures printed on this.

However, I also used some early 80s Agfa paper and it was quite bad. I would agree that storage would play a big part in it's "keeping" abilities.

I just bought some Benzitriazole to ward off some slight paper fog on 20year old Ilford paper which is only just showing on some boxes and not on others.

If I could just get my hands on some more of the 70s Agfa stuff, I'd be in APUG heaven!!

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    see also (Gevaert Gevaluxe from the the fifties):

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/more_archive.asp#geva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh yeah! I saw that in B&W UK magazine - wonderful story; and longevity!!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    In my experience AGFA gets slowly foggy, Kodak dies completely, and Ilford is almost good as new - these are papers from the 1980's that I'm still using (or trying to use, in the case of the AGFA).
    In my experience (note, I said MY) the fiber based papers go first...
    This is my experience too; I have some Agfa FB paper that is fogged beyond usability, but old Illford RC paper that is usable except for random light spots all over it (I cut it up for 5x7s) and some ancient Mitsubishi (I think) RC paper that is perfect.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    expired papers develop a basefog that is perfect for taming contrast
    if making paper negatives.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Out of all of the paper you have, the Agfa MCP310 RC paper will fog the quickest. It did not have the best keeping properties like the fiber based versions did. Try it, but I found anything over 3 years for that paper is questionable. Like I said, fiber versions have much more longevity.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just opened some boxes of Kodak paper I was given for testing film several years back. I just tossed 750 sheets of 8x10 that developed out black as black, but the several hundred sheets of 16x20 is perfect. Both stored the same, both about the same age.

I thought about fixing out the paper and using it as a base for platinum prints.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Oh, and I have finished some Azo that expired on my birthday (almost 48 years ago) and still prints with no fog.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin