Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,575   Online: 791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Crazy Ideas + print without light

Ron ,

I am sleepless and inventing new things as half awaken.

Question : Is it possible to craft your paper emulsion with inkjeting different emulsion drops or powder coating with photocopier with referencing to your digital picture?
    Than
    may be you can print different developers or chemicals or powders to activate the monobath development without using light?
    Is it future ?
    May be ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mustafa, do you have any photos online? Why don't you post some of your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mustafa;

I'm not sure exactly what you propose, but the emulsion must be kept at 40 deg C for it to be liquid or it will not spread. This is due to the gelatin.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Kirk opened a candy fabrication thread. ıt is about heating sugar and printing it 3D.
    I asked a similar question to rp alt group ten years ago and everybody angered to me and asked do I know how much HP had been invested to its printer head , millions...
    These folks do it for 15 dollars.
    My idea is this , you can print two different chemicals to the paper on one after other to generate a chemical reaction.
    For example a emulsion and monobath developer.
    Developer acts like light and activate emulsion , development and the fixage.
    I think this can generate more complex prints .

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    we must be in that phase of the moons cycle.

Can't believe its that time already again.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    35mm
    Now, I see this and I just think... "Where's that old printer?" and want to go try it out for myself.

I suppose there's always the thought of printing using three different (CMY - Photo prints can be printed with just the three inks) with three different developers in them so that different areas of the print are developed with different timings - the dev would run out very quickly, but if right after printing it was put into a bath of one of the specific developers, you could finish by inspection and then end up with kind of a double image effect.

If that makes any sense to anyone, I'l be rather pleased with myself.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Milkplus-pesto , good idea !
    Is there anyone who can formulate these emulsion and developer-fixer only sensitive to each other , not light etc ?
    We could use a printer or gum printing !
    If I am not wrong , different heights of gum , diffuses different amount of chemicals as printer print different size dots.
    If you want to not talk about printers , you can use gum shield ...

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Mustafa, I've just had another idea.

Suppose you completely exposed a piece of paper, and then "printed" the developer onto it in a negative, only the dark parts of the print (if i've got the negative bit right) would be visible - and it'd work in monochrome. Colour would be a whole different ball game.
    If the developer wasn't strong enough (surely 1:1 would do it), it would be possible to print more than once - if you got it correctly aligned.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Milkplus-pesto ,
    I had been posted same idea to apug and f295. I think its a super idea.
    You can print different developers to the different zones or on to details.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys should try it and show us. It sounds super easy, just put some developer in an inkjet cartridge and print away in the light. Then put the paper in developer and see what you get. For sure you will get an image, but perhaps more for 'experimental' imagery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin