Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,350   Online: 819

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    'The Photographic Emulsion' by Carroll, Hubbard and Kretschman', Focal Press.
    That book has been on my want list for a few years now. First time I think I've ever heard of an actual copy of it.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    That book has been on my want list for a few years now. First time I think I've ever heard of an actual copy of it.

Ed
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...1665512&sr=1-3

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks!

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bill - how's it going? Did you get your analytical balance? My 3-place balance arrived today, I need to take the top off as it looks like the wieghts have gotten out of position during shipping.

Kirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting Kirk.

I just got a "surplus" Kodak/Sartorius 10Kg 3 place scale for $100 at a scrap yard. It is in perfect condition and still has the Kodak ID tag. It is a monster with a top plate about 1 foot square and must weigh in at nearly 10 kg itself. It has a centering level on the top and I/O ports on the back so it can be computer driven. New, it must have cost a mint.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Kirk,
    Things came up, and I was not able to pick up the balance personaly. It was shiped to me yesterday. My sensitization dyes are still in the freezer. As soon as I get the balance and have made sure that it is properly calibrated, I will let the unoperned dyes come to ambient temperature befor I open them. Then I will weigh and ship to you and the other person who requested portions.
    I have been working on a "special" project about which I am not ready to go public. But soon you will read about it in some form.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I just got a "surplus" Kodak/Sartorius 10Kg 3 place scale for $100 at a scrap yard.
    Wow - that sounds nice. I bet that did cost a lot when new.

I pulled the top on my balance, and there was what looks like a box knife blade stuck to the magnetic dampener. But the mechanism is still out of alignment. Fortunately there is a shop in town that specializes on repairing analytical balances. I'll drop it off and see what they say. At least it was only $25.

Ahh, the joys of ebay...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi all,
    Ijust received my Answorth mechanical anylitical ballance. It looks clean and complete. Exept that some of the weights and other internal parts are "diconected". Fortunatly, the service who last calibrated it in 1983 is still in busines and only about 50 miles from here, in Burbank. I will take it in on Wednesday ,and hopefuly get it up and running.
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds good - I've decided to try again at another used balance - this time a 4-place. If it's going in for service, I might as well get something that is really worth fixing. SO there's another $40 into an analytical balance...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    [QUOTE=Photo Engineer;675608]For film, glyoxal or chrome alum or both in a mixture, but for plates only chrome alum is sugged.

Hi Ron,
    Is your recomendation for the use of only chrome alum for glass plates only because chrome alum can act as an adhesion promoter for glass? If that is the case I do not think that it will matter. Because I follow A very strict preparation for my glass,I never,ever have frilling, hardened or not.
    Could you offer a sugestion for concentration of chrome alum or glyoxal?
    Regards,
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin