Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,204   Online: 874

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had problems with one dye. I forget the # offhand and would have to look it up. All the rest were very soluable, but one dye required the solution be made up at 1/2 the normal strength that I use.

If I can get to it, I'll look it up for you. I am really backed up right now. Too much to do and too little time.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Too much to do and too little time.

Ain't dat da troot!
    Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello PE and All,
    I have finaly gotten back to the dyes SDA3057 and SDE3008. They have been in brown glass at 4 degrees F for about 6 m0nths now. The SDA 3057 is stll in what looks like a true solution. The SDE 3008, which always looked odd, as though it were only partialy disolved, had a definate residue. I proceded to add MeOH untill I has a true solution. Final concentration: 0.2% by weight.
    Both dyes have been treated like royalty and I am confident that they have been at 4F all this time and there is no contamination. My MeOH is Reagent grade.
    At the moment, I am out of AgNO3. But I intend to get back to work on this next week. I hope that I am not working with "bad" dye.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What was the concentration before you diluted it?

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    PE,
    I stored both dyes at 1% in MeOH. The SDA3057 is stll at 1%.
    The SDE8006 is at 0.2% as of today. The undisolved material in the 1% SDE8006 was very obvious. Red sediment at the bottom of the container.
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thought I'd kick a little life into an old thread!

I've never heard of "Stains All" before - I ain't no stinkin biochemist - but it looks like a good candidate
    "Stains-All" is Cat No. 2718 on PEs list from Eastman Organics. Not that it is any less expensive than anything else but it is fairly well available. You almost never see it listed by the names on the Eastman Organics list, vendors usually list it as "Stains-All." I found the translation on the Sigma-Aldrich website.

How well it works I have yet to find out. Hope to report in the next few weeks.

I hope it is soluble in ethanol.

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin