Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,245   Online: 988

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    whe = English for combined we and he.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kirk:

Now that the translation of German to English has been discussed, what are your plans for the books?

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Bill - you must have been publicly educated.
    Kirk
    Yes Kirk,
    I was publicly, educated. Just barely. But in the case of fart vs. furt: I claim 'Poetic Lisence'. To paraphrase an old cliche: 'The pen is mightier than the camera '
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's OK, Bill - I was taught in public school as well.

Joe - I have no idea. They looked interesting, and the price was not too bad - $50 for all 4. What do you have in mind?

Has anyone here actually seen these books before - I will not get them for another week or so. Anyone know what's in them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kirk;

As stated before, all of the verbs will be in volume II. Volume I will be nouns, adjectives and adverbs with spaces at the end of the sentence tomakeupforthecombinedwords . Like that!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I guess scann a few pages and push them through a german-english translation program and see where that leads. I know that it won't be a great or accurate, translation, however it's fine for starters. That unless you read german.

I'd try the table of contents first.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they are anything like the similar Kodak publications, then I would not expect too much detailed information. As I have mentioned before, Kodak had regular publications of a similar sort. I have a few volumes of these here.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PE - I remember you mentioned that Kodak had a process of releasing process info that was not patented, but I can't remember what they were called. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are Research Disclosures and Defensive Publications. Both are supported by the USP office and will bar a company from patenting anything in either source. I have about 6 of the former and about 10 or 20 of the latter. The former are easy to find, but the latter are a bit more difficult to find IIRC. I have not looked at either for some time now.

There are tons of them and they have never been commented on here or anywhere else AFAIK, at least to any extent.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Has anyone here actually seen these books before - I will not get them for another week or so. Anyone know what's in them?
    Well, if no one else will admit to it, I will.

I have one in front of me now, a later one from the 60's!
    It is a cream colored cloth bound hard back book about as thick as my thumb is wide. Content wise, it looks much like the ones from Kodak.
    (Kodak publications may have a wider scope (?) or be somewhat more
    theoretical in nature but this may just be a vivid imagination on my part.)

In the unlikely event you find you do not need the books, I would not necessarily mind taking them off your hands and or reading them for you.

oh,

Band I contains articles on the current status of the theory of the latent image, infrared photography, color sensitometry, Stereoscopic X-rays and thermal properties of celluose and celluose derivatives...

Band II
    the relationship between X-ray sensitivity and grain size, the reversal process, the roll of water in gelatin gels and sols...

Band III
    the nature of the latent image with physical development, new studies on solarization, the status of infrared photography, Correctostat paper...

Band IV
    the use of direct positives (?) for enlargements from 35mm film.

and a lot more but I guess this gives you an idea.

Ray

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin