Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,905   Online: 842

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Germany, Mecklenburg - Western Pommerania
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have Volume X and found it very intresting.
    It contains articles on the water effect, the use of hydrazines (rocket fuel!:o)
    in photographic developers and such.
    But sometimes even for a german hard to understand...

(please excuse my bad english)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find all that scientific photochemical literature hard to understand...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ray and GCyberfish - thanks for the info.

Ray - how was the Ilford Factory Tour? Would you mind starting a thread in regards to the coating and emulsion stuff you saw/learned?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Ray and GCyberfish - thanks for the info.

Ray - how was the Ilford Factory Tour? Would you mind starting a thread in regards to the coating and emulsion stuff you saw/learned?
    Maybe in another week or two.

The most amazing thing was the frankness with which Harman addressed us. I felt their responses to be completely devoid of pretense. The experience was one of talking to a friend more than that of talking to business.

I came away feeling that Harman is prepared to do what is necessary to remain in the game untill the players themselves give up and call it a day.

On the down side, I do think that it was a mistake (for us) that they bought Kentmere; IMH(and personal)O we do not benefit by the creation of a near monopoly... Harman is big business in an advanced stage of growth and to me, that does not spell security for a shrinking market.

Their approach, however, is to try to be adaptable and to some extent it seems they have been successful in this.

All in all,
    For the most part, they sound just like us when they speak of changes in the market place, glicee* prints, making money et cetra,
    and one would probably find it difficult to find much difference in their small talk and ours,

except that they start each day with the price of silver on their mind!

Ray
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giclée ???
    a name invented / coined by Jack Duganne meaning "to squirt" to distinguish "proof" prints from fine art prints being produced essentially the same way on the same equipment.
    (data source: Wikipedia)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, they arrived today. I should have studied more in high school German class...

They came from New Hampshire, and have Polariod Corporation labels in the front. It's the second book I've bought over the years that came from Polariod. I've also got one from 3M.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin