Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 891

Shooter
    4x5 Format

contact printing to casting resin and plexi

Does anyone have a formula for an emulsion that will hold silver, gold, platinum/palladium and gum+gouache to plexi and casting resin in a dry state such that layers of these metals and paint can be applied/dried/contact-printed, then coated and re-registered with subsequent layers (like gum separations) to create a thick slab photograph that has somewhat holographic depth?

I believe gum arabic is too weak to maintain this sort of suspension (once put in the water bath) and I don't want to sand down the plexi. The problem with using some clear glue is that I can't wash/develop/fix the layer once exposed. I think I need some semi-permeable emulsion that can stand up to water and harden to take another layer of emulsion.

Suggestions?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Carbon printing? Dried gelatin is pretty tough stuff. The carbon suspended in it can't be chemically damaged.
    You'd have to work with some sort of pin registration as one will not be able to register it visually.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi,
    Contact Bostick and Sullivan in Santa FE,NM. They may have something along those lines. Tell them Bill Winkler refered you.(505)474-0890
    Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi again,
    I should try to explane more. I have developed a subbing for printing Pt/Pd/Au/gum on glass. It is coated onto glass,dried, then either Pt/Pd or gold or gum are applied, dried and contact printed,beveloped and cleared. I have a confidentiality agreement with B&S and have worked with Dana Sullivan in the aplications of this subbing. They may still have some sample material they could send to you.
    I would be interested in your results.
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin