Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,253   Online: 774

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may be the concentration or the actual chemical structure. Sensitizing dyes (cyanines, merocyanines, etc...) are not that benign to start with.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Steve,
    If you have a living Grandmother, you must be some kinda Wunderkind.
    Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello PE,
    There is now another motivation for a V2. I have read several reports that KODAK has discontinued T-max 100 and 400 in 8x10 . There biggest film size is now 4x5. Who woulda tawt?! That company just went to Hell after you left it.
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    So, here is a question..... How important is color to you all? Is it worth up to 4x in price no matter what the price is?

PE
    (Although I came in late.....)

YES. And I would pay double that in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by rmazzullo; 12-11-2010 at 07:08 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PE - is it possible to have the color on plates and then have them all collected together at one place in the book, and then do the rest of the book in B&W? remember how they used to do that in the old days? (I.e. before I was born!)

If most of the color is the IR stuff in green, then we could all probably live with that in monochrome since it is already monochrome.

Or, do it all in B&W, and then make the color plates available as pdf downloads if people want to see a particular page in color.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kirk;

I'm considering all possibilities.

Thanks.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Update on the book

I have one edited copy back and 3 "reviews". So far, my fellow engineers seem to think it is good enough to publish.

I have a lot of corrections to make but progress is going on. One section was left out completely and one section was short changed.

In addition, I got a Kodak style generation 1 super mixer today. If things go well, I will add a paragraph on it as well. There is a section on mixing, so this will fit in well.

I will have the book and the DVDs at the GEH workshop next week. I will also have some new material with me for the members of the class.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's great. Keep the progress going!
    Kirk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Kirk.

For the information of all, the device is called a PEPA, which stands for Planar Emulsion Precipitation Apparatus. In the plant it morphed into the Multi Bank Spreader. It is basically a shrouded turbine or a device not unlike a jet engine.

There were at least 2 or 3 variations as it evolved from the initial concept by Herb Wilgus.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Can you post a quick photo?
    Kirk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin