Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,518   Online: 1203

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an afterthought, I might mention that only about 6 people have seen the book, and only one to really do more than skim through so far. All have actually been APUG members, but not by design. Two of them have responded here, and the rest have responded in person. The response to me has been very good. Four people have seen the DVDs. I had direct response there as well.

About 30 people have gone through my 6 workshops and have made the formulas themselves. I pretty much keep in touch with them as needed.

About six people have been sent sample coatings or sample emulsions, and I have only heard from 2 on the emulsion or coating samples. This is not a very good response.

No one who has posted in this thread has seen the book or DVDs, nor have they had samples of the emulsion or coatings sent to them.

I hope this answers questions you all may have and which was posed by Ray above.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Someone who takes their photography seriously or is passionate about it just might is my guess - providing their passion for photography encompasses the analogue side of the coin (given the cost of photography) - I've seen enthusiasts put down $4k no a camera body, then $2k on a lens, then accessories on the digital side of things...

A second volume would be good, you could reference the first.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Economic Jingle Bells

All good information.

This thread asked about pricing; I gave my opinion.
    despite it's bitter taste, I think there is truth in it.

That is really all I can say.

As you know, some people will pay a $100 for a melon,
    or several hundred for a bottle of wine.

A lot of people just can't do that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It just seams logical to me that,knowing the price of AgNO3, a person who frets over whether a highly desirable text is worth $150 vs $50 should maybe be doing Cyanotypes from digital paper negatives. Or maybe crossword puzzles.
    Good night everybody,
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree totally - Let them eat cake!

x-ray

On short notice:
    1 Down: Opposite of tame
    2 Across: Unwanted paper
    3 Across: To get on someone's nerves (slang)
    4 Down: A masculine explicitive
    Last edited by Ray Rogers; 11-15-2010 at 01:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it is unwise to take financial advice from the financially challenged
    Good night ya'll

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe it is unwise for a retiree on a pension to try to do this. Especially alone!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Maybe it is unwise for a retiree on a pension to try to do this. Especially alone!
    PE

Lucky you have a pension!
    But, you're not alone.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think there are two worldwide accepted ways to manufacture something.

First , American way , let a boss decide the colors of cars and produce them and blow in your hand.

Second , japanese way , production on demand

Third , after Japan blowed off , sell everything at a digital form with a digital payment.

Ron , If APUG ers are your only customers , sell the book via APUG as a download file.
    It will cheap for you and for us.

To write a book is the result of investing your life in it. Every book comes in same way. So your book is not different from others . I will never be able to invest photography more than 200 dollars and American Economy is falling , so expensive books will not sell.

Lower the price make reachable to audience and the market.

Earn from the demand , not from the price. China sells a motorcycle for African Roads for 350 dollars , an Yamaha copy Tenor Sax for 125 dollars and You are thinking to sell your book for 100 dollars.

Many alternative people , BW people will buy it to search for a new idea. If the book comes expensive , they turn to alternative sources. I can now download millions of books from internet free.

Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Umut,
    What, in God's gray Earth, is "blow in your hand"? Or is this something that I would rather not know?:whistling?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin