Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,909   Online: 962

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbillbugman View Post
    Umut,
    What, in God's gray Earth, is "blow in your hand"? Or is this something that I would rather not know?:whistling?
    It's a new way of putting it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I now have the master copy of the book and the DVDs to go out for duplication and editing!

I hope to give out 4 - 5 copies next week or the week after to friends.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE;

Glad to hear it's looking ready - I look forward to seeing a final price and delivery options. Might ask for a copy (or disk) for my stocking this year.

Regards.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Considering the amount of knowledge you have, the time you've put in, and the expense to you, around $100 seems like a fair price. I say go for color unless the color doesn't add much. I don't know how the graphics have been designed so I don't know how well they hold up in B&W or in gray.

A PDF version would be great too, if you could figure a way to not have to worry about it being passed around for free. PDF's are easily searchable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, I look forward to this a great deal!

I received my copy of the great book on Kodak Film production by Robert Shanebrook and that just whet my appetite for more.

I appreciate your sharing this knowledge with us!

Howard
    Howard

The artist's world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. - Paul Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I have gone for full page text with 5" wide photos in color or B&W to show detail. Two column restricts detail too much and photos wider takes up too much vertical space.

Dont count on Christmas this year. I am sending 4 copies to friends for editing first. So, think May - Sept 2011.

The printer promised this PM, but never called. I expected to pick up the 4 copies this afternoon or early evening and no-go. So, I also have to depend on others.

By my figure, the Silver Nitrate alone cost me about $900 and printing costs were well over $300 so far.

Sorry.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry I'm a bit late in posting, but whatever the price is, I'm in. Haveing spent a long evening a year and a half ago reading whichever version of the draft it was and also spending more than an hour watching the DVD, I'm willing and happy to pay $100 for even a B&W only version of this book. I know it will be well worth whatever price you decide to set.

Afterall, where else can someone get all that info in one place?

Ron - Congratulations on this labor of love. I know you've spent a lot of time and money on this book.

Kirk

PS - if you need more reviewers...

PPS - I'm willing to send in $50 as a down-payment to help get the first run printed.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    PPS - I'm willing to send in $50 as a down-payment to help get the first run printed.
    If a little cash in hand from subscribers will speed the process, I'm in too.

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Considering it is a textbook of some respectable volume (and labour), I'd pay more than $100USD for a copy. I dont mind saving for books, knowledge is the only thing worth investing in these days anyway.
    I'm also heavily in favour of colour printing. It may not be art, but it is science - accuracy in the reproduction should be high on the agenda, and I dont think black and white would really cut it.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright, looks like the $90 - $120 range is doable for the B&W version. I'm looking at the color version. I have 4 copies of the B&W version here for the editors and am about to dupe the DVDs. There may be a CD as well with some extras (cookies again). I'll keep you posted. The DVDs will probably be in the $100 range.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin