Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,911   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Check this info out:
    http://www.thelightfarm.com/
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drazak View Post
    I was interested in finding cheaper alternatives more than using what's commercially available for highly inflated prices. What are the essentials for making your own emulsion and coating paper?

Ben
    Ben;

Contact me directly via e-mail.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As for adding red sensitivity, a good aggregating red sensitizer is available from H. W. Sands Corp. in Titusville Fla. This dye was discussed completely in another thread. It is a Green sensitizer on Bromide and Chloride emulsions and a Red sensitizer on Br/I emulsions due to "J" aggregation. It is used in Kodachrome film AAMOF. I have 0.9 grams of it here. I used 100 mg already. This dye runs about $300 / gram right now IIRC.
    Do you know the name of this dye? I would like to try it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is almost a full thread on the dye in this same forum under another thread. Since there is some controversy over the exact number on the manufacturers web site, I don't want to rehash or repeat it here, but rather you should look at the other thread. I believe that wildbillbugman was the main contributor. I'm sorry, but I do not save URLs.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin