Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,481   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I am up to my (insert whatever anatomical part here) in alligators right now and have little time for APUG or the computer for that matter.

I can say though that you can harden home-made coainings to be just about equivalent to most commercial coatings. You may have to use a prehardener in some cases, but it does work.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One of the things that makes lith printing interesting is the variety of tones that can be obtained based on grain size and halide content, various papers having their unique characteristics. If the practical aspects of creating a stable emulsion can be achieved, it occurs to me that hand made emulsion making might offer a new direction to take to make up for some of the variety that has been lost as so many papers have disappeared. I have some experience with lith printing, but none with emulsion making. This is something I would like to explore further.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bond View Post
    One of the things that makes lith printing interesting is the variety of tones that can be obtained based on grain size and halide content, various papers having their unique characteristics. If the practical aspects of creating a stable emulsion can be achieved, it occurs to me that hand made emulsion making might offer a new direction to take to make up for some of the variety that has been lost as so many papers have disappeared. I have some experience with lith printing, but none with emulsion making. This is something I would like to explore further.
    Hi John,

I would be delighted if you would make up a batch of one of the paper recipes on The Light Farm and try it with lith printing. All of the recipes are 'stable', but it would be very interesting to experiment with customizing tweaks.

http://www.thelightfarm.com/Map/Cont...PaperPart1.htm

Thanks for the great idea.
    Denise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bond View Post
    John;

I have made this the goal of the last several years of my life and it can be and has been achieved. You should read more posts in this forum.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I appreciate everyone's comments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin