Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,729   Online: 977

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill;

There are no delays except for "Kodak approval"!!!!! Wink wink, nod nod.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Please see my recent posts for updates.

In May of 2009, my wife broke her leg. She was in a wheelchair for 6 months and a walker for about 3 months. She has just transitioned from 2 canes to 1 cane. In the mean time, I was a total care provider.

In spite of this, I have recently completed a new emulsion, details elsewhere, that moves the final "chapter" of the book forward.

Thanks for your interest. Sorry for the unavoidable delay.

PE
    PE,

I am very sorry to hear about your wife's injuries. I know being a caregiver is extremely demanding, and important. You report that Mrs. M is recovering which is wonderful news; you are both in my prayers.

Bob M.

P.S. I am still here, folks.
    Last edited by rmazzullo; 05-29-2010 at 06:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: a poke.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ron:

My wife and I send you and your wife our best wishes. Renee broke her knee in January, had surgery, and is just know back on her feet with a cane.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Joe, thanks Bob.

Ron Mowrey

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have even contemplated having samples of the various raw papers and films bound with the book, but that might be overkill. It might also be too expensive.

PE[/QUOTE]

Ron, Discrimination!! If you are gonna include paper and acetate, you need to include sheets of the various kinds of GLASS that can be printed on.
    Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Due to its nature, it used a huge quantity of Silver Nitrate. I may omit both of them against the advice of those who suggested that I add them.

PE[/QUOTE]

Ron,
    Please listen to your advisers and include them. You could include a disclaimer stating that one can make them at ones own expense.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill;

Send me a few hundred of your glass plates and I'll have them mounted in the cover. No formula, just the plates so that everyone can see them!

JK of course.

As for those 2 emulsions, I will probably have to make them 2 or 3 times each to iron out the kinks. That is nearly 6 pounds of Silver Nitrate! This is why I am debating the issue with myself.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure there will be numerous donators to help with this research especially as it will help the book. I'm waiting Formulary to put up the system so I can donate my humble bit for PE's silver nitrate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Graham;

I hope this helps. Sorry for the delay.

But, if you wish to volunteer, order a bottle of Formazo from the Formulary and make me 100 4x5 contact prints. Use either Baryta paper or any 100# Hot press paper. Even better, make that 100 8x10 contact prints.

PE
    Getting people to send samples is an even better idea. I might even take your suggestion, but it will take me a while.

(I wasn't trying to hurry you up. You clearly have your priorities right. This is a project for the joy of it, and we follow along with interest.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Graham;

Thanks. Sometimes it feels like I am back at work and I'm my boss. I don't like me telling me what to do!

OTOH, I do have to kick myself to get started as this is difficult work and getting harder and harder. In addition, no one seems interested in it around here at all. We used to have parties for RIT students here and visitors all the time, but now all I hear is "you are on your own". Analog is not a current interest in these parts. When most of us retire or leave EK, they abandon photography completely or go to digital.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin