Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,459   Online: 909

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have to say you are amazing Denise...I did the coating class with Ron and never went any further....but you constantly astound us with the way you handle these techniques!! maybe one day you'll do some classes...in the meantime thank you so much for your work
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    maybe one day you'll do some classes...in the meantime thank you so much for your work
    Best, Peter
    Pete -

Here's your chance! Denise has two classes scheduled at the Photographers Formulary this year. Hancrafted Silver Gelatin Paper" will be from June 13-18, 2010, and "Beginning Dry Plate Photography" from Aug. 29 - Sept. 3, 2010.

See the following post for more info:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...formulary.html
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much, Peter. Mostly, I'm just having a really great time. Emulsion making is perfect for the kind of folks who are sad to see the last page of a good mystery novel, or place the last piece in a big puzzle. There's enough here for a lifetime of fun and discovery. I hope you decide to give it another try. Despite the impression that one sometimes gets on this forum, the basics are far easier than a lot of other 'alternative' processes, yet the potential for going either broad or deep is essentially limitless. Artisan silver gelatin is a rare opportunity to make a mark in the otherwise extreme saturation and competition that is today's photography.

And, if anyone here is considering taking the Formulary emulsion workshops but feels a little intimidated by the (tiny) bit of chemistry involved, Kirk will be helping teach that aspect. Kirk knows his stuff, but even better, he has the gift of making darkroom chemistry very easy to understand.

Tom, your recent experiences do sound like an incredible adventure. I am in complete agreement about the liberation of a good RF film camera. I hope you share the final outcome, and I have to hope that one of the handmade printing processes is part of your vision!

d

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

If anyone is in the Washington, D.C. area in August, I'll have three prints in Scott Davis' (TheFlyingCamera) gallery, Art Reactor (http://artreactor.org/). Scott is curating a show featuring the Whole Plate format (6.5 x 8.5 inches). My contribution is contact prints from WP gelatin dry plates to handmade chlorobromide paper. I can't make it East to see the show. If someone here sees it, I hope they give a report. It looks like there's going to be some really nice prints and a great diversity. Kudos to Scott.

On another note: I haven't been able to read APUG for a couple of weeks. There certainly have been some funky threads! I hardly recognize the forum .

Has anyone besides hrst and Asarnil (beautiful plates!!) been crafting emulsions this summer?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm taking a break this summer. Working on a radio telescope observatory that is targets at Jr. High and High School aged kids.

See www.projectletha.org

We're close to getting it online. We have the radio reciever built, the antenna installed, an internet connection, and now we need to get a server in place to get internet access to it.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's quite a interesting project.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello to All,
    I am in the midst of a break from all "Wet Work" Instead, I am doing Hardware projects, like peristaltic pumps, tri-color cameras And studying the possibility of going to Digital Negatives. Having had several intensive conversations with practitioners of said on other forums, I am not at all convinced that there is any advantage over enlarging negatives on an enlarger. So, I may or may not upgrade my printer to current Epson professional technology.
    In September I will get back to work on emulsion making.

Dose anyone know what the shelf life of solutions of chrome alum would be?
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "What's everybody up to?"

Had to say it!

Made pics of some Mary Kay Beautiful Girls!

Sample:

http://www.facebook.com/cristamk

Got another session in October! Around 50 beautiful ladies! And a great fee to boot!

Fun & Smiles!

http://williamclarkphotography.net/i...959_6181_n.jpg

Need to figure a better way of posting images!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    "What's everybody up to?"

Had to say it!

Made pics of some Mary Kay Beautiful Girls!

Sample:

http://www.facebook.com/cristamk

Got another session in October! Around 50 beautiful ladies! And a great fee to boot!

Fun & Smiles!

http://williamclarkphotography.net/i...959_6181_n.jpg

Need to figure a better way of posting images!
    Does this mean that Mary Kay ladies are coated with Silver Gelatin based emulsions?

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    Hi All,

If anyone is in the Washington, D.C. area in August, I'll have three prints in Scott Davis' (TheFlyingCamera) gallery, Art Reactor (http://artreactor.org/). Scott is curating a show featuring the Whole Plate format (6.5 x 8.5 inches). My contribution is contact prints from WP gelatin dry plates to handmade chlorobromide paper. I can't make it East to see the show. If someone here sees it, I hope they give a report. It looks like there's going to be some really nice prints and a great diversity. Kudos to Scott.
    Kudos to you. Your three prints win the blue ribbon hands down. Lovely work.
    Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin