Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,187   Online: 1180

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    and two more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaquina Lighthouse Barrel Room.jpg   Yaquina Head 1.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Denise,
    The Staircase image is Great! But I am gonna stick to glass negatives! "Why?" one might ask. When fillm backing is earier to tote about. Just because I love glass. Besides, I have never been a high volume shooter. The cost of AgNO3 is making me slow down. I have 15 dry plates in my dark cabinet, waiting to be evaluated. But I have been occupied with other things. And also, I have been kinda slugish lately. I hope its not old age, because there ain't no cure for dat. I am hoping that my newest "comitment": Exersize every morning, will pull me out of it.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And, while you do that, I am making up solutions and 10% gelatin for the workshop in October. Mark and I will be getting together to set up the lab on the 29th or 30th, and probably have lunch with a few of the guys. I have arranged for between 2 and 4 of the lunch group to join us for the workshop to offer comments and answer questions.

The workshop is filled and there is a waiting list at this time. Don't let this discourage anyone from at least signing up in case there is a last minute opening that takes place.

The sample DVDs shipped last week and the bulk boxes of DVD sets are sitting here next to me ready for shipping.

So, I have not been idle either.

Oh, and I have found 2 subbing layers for Acetate that may be of interest here so that ANY acetate support can be used for coating as long as it has nothing else coated on it that might detract from the photographic emulsion. I just need a minute or two to whip up the formula into more usable terms.

Best wishes to all.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Denise ,

Lighthouse in fog image is great , it reminded me a book lighthouse at the end of the world book from jules verne , I read 30 years ago , one afternoon when I was at elementary and sick. Than I watched Kirk Douglas , Jul Bryner film and best memories ever. I liked the images carbon pencil which swirled with fingers like appearance. Very original look.

thank you very much for sharing , great art piece.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill and Mustafa. Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot.

Ron. Good luck with your workshop. A while back, I sent Mark three prints -- a contact print of a Whole Plate dry plate on my paper, a contact print of a commercial 5"x7" negative on the same recipe, and a 5-color silvergum print. I know you like to keep a monopoly on d.i.y. emulsions, and I can appreciate that, but I can't imagine a downside to showing folks what can be done. If you would, could you guys show around my prints to your workshop participants?

Also, if anyone is really interested in subbing acetate rather than purchasing subbed polyester, I have an excellent recipe. It does contain acetone and methyl alcohol, and it's stinky, so if there is something that smells better, I'd love to see the recipe. Ron, I know you won't have time until after the workshop, but looking forward to seeing it/them.

Flying off to pursue Luddite dreams,
    d
    Last edited by dwross; 09-16-2011 at 09:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Denise, I am a bit confused by your words "keep a monopoly on". I don't have a web site concerning emulsions, you do. Many of us post here on APUG about emulsions including yourself. So, IDK what this is about.

As for items sent to Mark, please address your request to him. He has never mentioned your items to me at all, and the request that he use your work should come to him directly from you IMHO. Both of us will be teaching the course together. He is writing the outline and preparing the handout booklet. I am supplying formulas. And BTW, this will make quite a group of former students that will have extensive formulas and information on analog film and paper design given to them. This extends over more than 5 years of workshops here, in NYC and in Montana at the Formulary.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Denise - great shots! I see you've been making the most of our cold summer here in Oregon.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kirk,
    Glad to read that you are still alive and consious! How is that T-Grain emulsion comming along?
    Denise and Ron and Everyone,
    Denise's refference to "Silver-Gum" reminded me of an idea first posed (as far as I know) by Jim Browning, of Dye Transfer fame. He posed the posibilty of adding pigments to dye sensitised silver-halide emulsions for printing color separation work. This has always been in the back of my mind as I work on a panchromatic emulsion. Or even a 3-emulsion system, using 2 dyes. I wonder if anyone reading this post is awaire of any process,past or pressent that uses this concept.(?)
    I ruined my last emulsion by being too stingy with my AgNO3. Images were just too weak. Now I must wait for my 29% ammonia (absolutely reqired) to arrive. Then I will up the Ag concentration a whopping X4.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bill - i'm just hanging out up here, playing with my synthesizers for the summer.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Summer is over in a few days. What then?

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin