Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,617   Online: 979

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kirk- What do your synthesizers synthesize? Sensitizing dyes? Or things less legal? Somehow I cannot picture you strung out on methanthetamine.
    Always be kind to animals, to the mentaly chalenged and to photographic emulsion makers.
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bill - they synthesize beautiful sounds!

Ron - Tomorrow never knows...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kirk, are running old ARP 2600s and MiniMoogs or is it new-fangled stuff?

Me, I am just doing the usual armchairing stuff, but the photos that Denise put up got me thinking again...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jerevan,
    Denise's work will do that! I call it "inspiration". I still say the staircase stands out - for detailed contrast. I just feel at home in dark places.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill;

And my work does not inspire you? Who taught you all? Who captured your interest?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Bill;

And my work does not inspire you? Who taught you all? Who captured your interest?

PE
    Well, your work inspires me Ron. And as soon as I can get some of my other responsibilities out of the way I'll get back to the darkroom.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ron,
    I was not awair that I had to choose. We are talking about two distnct types of "inspiration". Your work inspires the "tinkerer/technical/scientist" in me. That hapens to be the dominant part of me. I have not spoken of it befor because it is a daily dominent part of me. Just the daily ho-hum thing for 50 years. Denise inspires me with a leval of Art which eludes me. I tell people that I am not an artist, not a scientist, but a tinkerer. I make no apologies for that. It is just what I like to do. If I was an Arist, I would just try to "master" the formulas and procedures that other people have perfected. But my atraction to photograpic images on glass has forced me into the world of The Tinkerer.
    I was taken by Denise's Spiral Staircase, the other three images,ehh, not so much. My eyes are very picky. Most images, no mater who did them, just get a "nice" out of me. and a "nice" without a capial "N".
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill;

You must have missed my smiley then. You don't have to choose in this case, as I fully understand, being both myself. I am a scientist / tinkerer and an artist as well. You can see that in my work with emulsions and with my photos themselves.

So, there is no problem, just a jesting comment. Under the circumstances, I thought you would get a good laugh from it.

Ron

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yeh Ron, I did see the smiley face! And I did think that you were being humorous. It was me who "had" to get up on a "high horse". But I have a caustic sense of humor,soometimes, like any time befor noon ,Pacific Time. Ask any of the Great stand-up comics (the late George Carlin, for instance). Humor is Truth. But I know there is no problem.
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Kirk, are running old ARP 2600s and MiniMoogs or is it new-fangled stuff?

Me, I am just doing the usual armchairing stuff, but the photos that Denise put up got me thinking again...
    Yes - I actually do have an ARP 2600 and a Minimoog. Since you are familiar with those two synths, I also have a Jupiter 8, OB-8, D-50, JP-800, JP-8000, and a Rev 1 Prophet-5 - they only made 184 of the first revisions of the P-5. That's the highlights for synths, for samplers I also have a Roland S-50 with a mouse and video monitor so it's just like a little Fairlight (which I hope to get someday...), a Prophet 2000, and an Emulator II. Drum machines - I have a Linn LM-1 drum machine. I only have one synth from after 2000, almost all of it is mid 80s and earlier.

My musical influences range from Kraftwerk, JM Jarre, Human League, Depeche Mode, on up to Ladytron.

There's about 20 items in all in my collection. Lots of stuff to play with when you don't have time to get in the darkroom and work on making emulsions.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin