Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,469   Posts: 1,644,119   Online: 776

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The GEH bromide workshops have finished and they were a great success! Mark Osterman has been sending me regular reports with pictures. Beautiful pictures. The dry plates made by the class are wonderful. For anyone hesitating on getting started on handmade silver gelatin -- paper or dry plate or film -- there is now absolutely no technical excuse . The recipes are here, the materials are here, and the examples of success are growing by the day. So, get started! Or, if you already have, go bold and show the world. There are a lot of calls for 'alternative process' shows. Publicity is our friend. It is the only way to create awareness. With awareness will come community, and more information and opportunites.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want to see Mark's Facebook page. He has posted a number of pix there. Also, some of the plate work is starting to appear here.

It was an enjoyable two weeks with wonderful new (and old) friends. Many were APUG members and heard about the workshop from APUG.

We are planning for 2014. So much to teach and so little time! The 4 of us will be starting our planning on Tuesday at GEH.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If anyone happens to be in New Orleans this month, I hope you can stop by the New Orleans Photo Alliance gallery to see my print in a show juried by Christopher James. http://www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/exhibitions.php

It is a contact print of a handmade Whole Plate format glass dry plate negative on handmade KCl gaslight paper. http://www.thelightfarm.com/Map/TLFT...-emulsions.htm
    www.thelightfarm.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I know I endlessly promote handmade silver gelatin emulsion making. Toot! Toot!
    Here's another one! Big thanks to Aline Smithson and her excellent publication, Lenscratch.
    http://lenscratch.com/2014/11/the-light-farm/
    www.thelightfarm.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations Denise!
    Well done, its a great achievement for you and a great thing for the community also!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!!
    www.thelightfarm.com

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations you're getting really nice results

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the relatively recent Northwest Alternative Photography Symposium, Denise' negatives and prints were some of the most interesting discoveries for me.

They really do look great in person.

And it was a treat to meet Denise too!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    NOW that's photography !

thanks denise !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, as you know, I don't have a web site. It takes a lot of time to keep it up to date. But I am up to something! We just finished a private workshop at GEH. Yes, they have made it possible for there to be private workshops of virtually any length on the subject you choose. At this one, I spent a lot of time answering the student's questions and we diverged into many subjects. We have others scheduled for the near future.

In addition, I have had guests visit me at home just to chat about emulsion making and coating. A fun time and they can see where the emulsions in the book were made and the extra equipment that I show in DVD #2. I even gave one group (all the way from OZ) a quick look at the new book (as far as it is complete which is not very far).

So, I have been busy as a bee. And those that visit or take workshops are given the extra treat of seeing the original prints from the book. The scanning process does not do justice to some of the types of paper used and this is their extra extra treat.

Between the 4 of us, Mark, Nick, Chris and myself least of all, we discovered a new way of coating Baryta paper support with less difficulty and defects. This is also part of what is new in what I (we) are doing.

So along the way of your travels, stop by Rochester NY! I am just glad I was given the chance to go to the Formulary and be the one who apparently kick started Denise's ardor for making and coating emulsions.

And BTW, a plug for the Formulary. I get no reward for this, but they do sell genuine Kodak photo grade gelatin and they have unlisted stock of a lot of emulsion making chemicals that you might need for adjusting keeping or curve shape of your coatings.

PE

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin