Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,299   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cgthom View Post
    Also, thanks to those who posted the information regarding the process of making Silver Nitrate... very interesting, though I am hoping to avoid that complication if possible.
    If you're having problems getting silver nitrate, you'll probably have problems getting nitric acid...

Good luck with your emulsions and keep us informed on your progress! We like to share information here.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the update and hope Nymoc will be able to fulfill your needs. Let us know if you get your silver nitrate from them, and keep us in the loop on your emulsion work...

David.

Quote Originally Posted by cgthom View Post
    Hi All,

A quick update. Nymoc Chemicals (thanks Clarence!) was the only supplier I contacted that seems willing to accommodate my request. I am close enough to TO that a trip to pick up the chemicals in person is my best bet, however, fellow Canadians who are outside of Ontario might still be able to order with shipping via Purolator. I am sure there are probably other sources for these materials in Canada, so if anyone knows of any, please add them to this thread (but please, only if you have CONFIRMED that they will sell/send to individuals in Canada). Sorry if this post seems a bit Canada-centric, but it seems as though our options for sourcing some materials are more limited than our neighbours to the south, particularly for personal/hobbyist use!

As best I can tell, Silver Nitrate cannot be shipped from the US to Canada. This includes the photoformulary website, and the "cjchemical" ebay store.

In addition (as I mentioned in my original post) some Canadian chemical supply stores will not sell to individuals. The places I checked include Anachemia and Boreal/Northwest.

Also, thanks to those who posted the information regarding the process of making Silver Nitrate... very interesting, though I am hoping to avoid that complication if possible.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are coming to town, and need chems, I likely have enough to get you started with a lot of stuff, although I am not in the mood to sell off the silver nitrate I have around. Other stuff will go for a fair price; not more than I paid, and if it was free to me it can be free to you.

Yes, Dave I am a fair bit of a mix from raw nut, but have not made my own stuff from nitric. That and hydrofloric I do not keep in the house, although I have a fair collection of stuff that if my wife ever cottoned onto she would flip.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got hydrofluoric acid. It stays in the garage.

Nitric, HCl, and Conc. Sulfuric are in the house though... All away from the Conc. Ammonium Hydroxide.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin