Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1048

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tim - I think Ray's talking about the Mayan Calendar/Planet Nibiru "scare" ( http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html ) and not some alleged Second Coming/Rapture legend.

We know exactly when the Mayan Calendar rolls over into the next long count cycle.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I hear Soylent Green is the best of the Soylent Corporation products
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Actualy, canninbalism is a viabal solution to a number of problems facing an overpopulated planet. Actualy, humans are the only species which slaughters. It is only reasonable that we deserve what we hand out.
    A milder solution is something that has been tried out by the pork industry. Pig group one is fed with corn,soy, and whatever pigs get. Pig Group two gets only the excriment of Pig Group one. Pig group three has its normal diet suplimented by excriment from pig group two.
    Is that not how Capitalism works?
    Bill

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    OMG:o
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well..........

Paraphrase from "Stranger in a Strange Land". Jubal Harshaw speaking words written by Robert Heinlein.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi everone,
    Unfortunatly, I have not been able to get my flatbed scanner going. I fear it may be shot. Since I require the ability to scan 8x10 negatives, a replacement will not be cheep, therefor not today. Maybe in March.
    Meanwhile, I have shot and processed some film speed 320 of this emulsion + steigmann's. This was all done indoors, first with windowlight, then at night with ordinary incandescent light.
    I was able to get images both times. But detale was scarce, especialy with the night photos. Ithink that this ma be due to the emulsion being only blue sensitive. I am saving the plates to scan latter.
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bill - do you have a d*****l camera you could take a few shots of the (backlighted) negs with?
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    OK - let us know how that goes...
    Well, I hear they are working on something nice at Princeton...

Nevertheless, I don't think energy is the missing link... there will be lots of energy... the real problem is harnessing it and finding a pleasent and human friendly interface.

In the mean time, I am just sorry that I have to take the anothers life to maintain my own....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as we are on energy and physics stuff,
    did you see George Smoot's cameo appearence on the Big Bang Theory?

Pretty cool to see timely reality and fiction come together like that!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Art is so wierd these days!

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    AgX,
    What Does IRFAK mean in Dutch? Is it a word or an acronym?
    It sounds like "Ear Fahk"....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin