Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,922   Online: 810

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    Bill - do you have a d*****l camera you could take a few shots of the (backlighted) negs with?
    Kirk,
    I do not own one of those things. I will try to get some film shots using my MF. But my schedual is hectic as is.
    Bill:o

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    [QUOTE=Photo Engineer;951542]Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, Mantids do it ! To me, that equal virtue. Although, I am so radioactive (from C14) I do not think that the FDA would approve me.
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Cannibalism is abhorrent to us because we are not fully civilzed! At the price of meat today, if we did not consider cannibalism abhorrent, well..........

Paraphrase from "Stranger in a Strange Land". Jubal Harshaw speaking words written by Robert Heinlein.

PE
    You should see "The Road." Civilization breaks down when there is nothing else to eat.
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reality is so wierd these days!

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Well, IRFAK might be art, but somehow, I think the following
    (which I found while looking for a method of recyling RC paper) is, pun intended, Dead Serious!

http://www.biosafeengineering.com/wa...ion/about.html

The more you read the more "gems" you find.

The F.A.Q. has several as well.

The strange thing is, they make some really good arguments in favor of their method of uh, "water resolution".

What is your plan ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi All,
    To get back on topic, I have purchased a "new" flatbed scanner which is on its way from NC. When it gets here, and I get it up and running, I will be sending more images.
    Someone sugested a digital camera for imaging my glass plates. But I just can't persuade myself to get one of those.
    Bill
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't feel bad about not having a digital camera. I just made the jump into HD video this week after many years of avoiding it. (I last used a film camera (a Bolex 16 mm) in 1982 or so.)
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    But Kirk,
    Far from "feeling bad" about not having a digital camera, I simply refuse to acknowledge the existence thereof. Perhaps in a hundred years or so someone will think of something they will call a "charged coupled device". Then silver halides will no longer be absolutely required. But, sigh, I will not be around then. So I will not about it worry my little head.
    I also do not carry a cell phone. My computer is a massive Desk Top. And my TV has a "picture tube" .
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I understand.

I do have to say that editing digital video is a lot simpler than using the old movie viewers and hand splicing and gluing scenes to gether as with the 16 mm. And I could never afford the extra equipment to do sound in the old days.
    Kirk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    What?
    Pictures that move? Am I in a dream?
    Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yeah, and they talk too, like I mentioned!
    Kirk

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin