Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,125   Online: 939

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hello to All,
    No, I did not give up on this project. I simply had no scanner with which to record my images. Yesterday I set up my "new" Epson 4990 flatbed scanner. Attached are a scan of a 5x7 glass plate negative and a detail of the lower right-hand corner. This emulsion is an erithrosine sensitized (Ortho) ,non-gelatin containing, emulsion. It contains no S or Au sensitizers and is only 40 speed. The negative was shot on a 5x7 plate in bright sunlight. 1/2 " at f45. Developed in D19 for 8 minutes. I like D19 for this emulsion as it tends to be lower contrast when developed in Pyrocat HD.
    Steve, I just today received 2 screens. 120T and 8XX. I an looking forward to trying.this out. I am a PUTZ with a coating rod!
    Attached Images

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sorry,
    I think I screwed up my attachements.
    Attached Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice Bill. Keep on going!

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Dear Will.

Apologies for discussing a non halide issue.

I understand that you have recently purchased a scanner and are delving into the digital world to show your results. The photos you posted appear to be in a Photoshop format.

The use of .jpg or JPEG files is more common and will enable more people to see your excellent results.

Keep up your excellent work and posts.

Emulsion.

PS: I am very interested how you achieve 40ASA without the need for sensitisers. Can you post your process if it is non-commercial?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Emulsion,
    I will post the images again. I posted x2 both times thinking I was in JPEG. Third is a charm, I hope!
    The process is Potentialy Commercial. I have been working with a company under a Confidentiality agrrement. But they are already trying to do more than their "staff" can handle. I may eventualy just post the whole darn thing, if it seams that they are going nowhere.
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3-20-10-adetail.jpg   30-20-10-a.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can do with grain size and iodide what can be done with sulfur and gold, up to a point.

OTOH, if the polymer contains sulfur moieties, then he is getting sulfur without even trying.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That's great, Bill! I look forward to seeing more.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Bill,

Those photos look great. Keep up the excellent work!

Emulsion.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin